Project Role : Software Development Engineer
Project Role Description : Analyze, design, code and test multiple components of application code across one or more clients. Perform maintenance, enhancements and/or development work.
Must have skills : PostgreSQL Administration
Good to have skills : Java Enterprise Edition
Minimum 3 year(s) of experience is required
Educational Qualification : Minimum 15 years of education is required
Role: Software Development Engineer
1. Project Role Description: Analyze, design, code and test multiple components of application code across one or more clients. Perform maintenance, enhancements and/or development work.
2. Job Requirements: Must have Skills: PostgreSQL Administration
Good to Have Skills: Java Enterprise Edition
3. Key Responsibilities:
a. Maintaining the database server software, using utilities such as pg_ctl or psql to restart services or manually restarting them if necessary.
b. Monitoring database performance to identify slowdowns or potential issues.
c. Managing users and permissions, including adding new users and removing inactive accounts.
d. Managing disaster recovery procedures to ensure that data is safe.
e. Managing and monitoring cluster databases
f. Creating database objects such as tables, views, triggers, and indexes
g. Maintaining the database schema, including creating new tables, adding columns to existing tables, and deleting unnecessary tables and
h. Performing regular database backups to ensure data integrity in case of a server crash.
i. Monitoring network security to ensure that unauthorized users cannot access the database server.
j. Performing regular scheduled maintenance on the database server, such as vacuum analysis on large tables to remove obsolete data.
k. Performing database upgrade, patching as per schedules
l. Well versed in Problem Management process, tools, incident trends analysis towards operational excellence End to end service/application monitoring; assess alerts and take appropriate action to assure signals are addressed, including ticket creation, assignment to support team ,lead incident resolution Proactively lead ,drive outages to quick service restoration; provide support ,leadership for all events, especially high priority incidents Actively direct and prioritize all aspects of incidents
4. Technical Experience: PostgreSQL, DBA, Database Administrator, Performance tuning, Monitoring Diagnosis, PostgreSQL installation configuration, Replication
5. Professional Attributes: Effective communication Teamwork Problem-solving Leadership People skills Adaptability
6. Educational Qualification: Minimum 15 years of education is required
7. Additional Info: Regular Shift.