Project Role : Application Developer
Project Role Description : Design, build and configure applications to meet business process and application requirements.
Must have skills : COBOL
Good to have skills : Job Control Language (JCL)
Minimum 3 year(s) of experience is required
Educational Qualification : NA
As an Application Developer, you will be responsible for designing, building, and configuring applications to meet business process and application requirements using COBOL. Your typical day will involve working with COBOL and Job Control Language (JCL) to develop and maintain applications.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and maintain applications using COBOL and Job Control Language (JCL).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Perform code reviews and ensure code quality and adherence to coding standards.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in applications and provide timely resolutions.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in COBOL and JCL technologies and integrate innovative approaches for sustained competitive advantage.
Professional & Technical Skills:
- Must To Have Skills: Proficiency in COBOL.
- Good To Have Skills: Experience with Job Control Language (JCL).
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and methodologies.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git or SVN.
- Experience with debugging tools such as IBM Debug Tool or Xpediter.
- Solid grasp of database concepts and SQL.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in COBOL.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong educational background in computer science or a related field, along with a proven track record of delivering impactful solutions.
- This position is based at our Pune office.