Project Role : Solution Architect
Project Role Description : Own the overall solution blueprint and roadmap, work closely with clients to articulate business problems and translate them into an appropriate solution design.
Must have skills : Solution Architecture
Good to have skills : NA
Minimum 12 year(s) of experience is required
Educational Qualification : Own the overall solution blueprint and roadmap, work closely with clients to articulate business problems and translate them into an appropriate solution design.
Technology Solution Architect (System Integration and /or Application Managed Services)
Purpose of the Job:
The Solution Architect is responsible for supporting the Systems Integration (SI) and Application Managed Services (AMS) sales opportunities within Technology team(s) to ensure that solutions proposed to clients meet the client’s needs and expectations, and can also be delivered in a reliable and predictable way within budget.
This frequently requires balancing competing priorities, using innovative commercial and technical approaches to minimise risk and to meet challenging business cases. This means that the Solution Architect needs to demonstrate creativity and soft skills in driving consensus and alignment across multiple stakeholders, as well as more traditional technical, project management and commercial skills to arrive at optimum best fit solution response.
The Solution Architect needs to act as a single point of contact (SPOC) for the opportunity throughout the sales process. This involves coordinating between Technology, Industry, Bid team, Global Delivery teams, other solution architect(s), subject matter experts (SME’s), reviewers and approvers to ensure a winning, differentiated, deliverable and approved solution.
• Engage with appropriate Accenture organisation areas to fully leverage the right assets and offerings, across capability groups when pursuing opportunities.
• Understand and translate buyer values and requirements into the solution approach, leveraging standard processes, methods, deliverables, and the right mix of offerings.
• Define a differentiated solution that achieves the greatest value (using Accenture’s best practices) for the client and meets the client business case, delivering value, with a high level of confidence about the solution.
• Manage the interface with the Technology sales team during the sales process and Delivery by ensuring regular communication and close collaboration with the sales team. Provide input to the sales team on how the solution may influence the sales campaign, pricing, risks and assumptions and negotiation strategy.
• Lead/Participate in a team to plan, execute and manage the solution in response to a client requirement/RFP. This involves the coordination of various stakeholders across sales, delivery and CGs.
• Participate and/or lead solution discussions and client meetings related to technology solution or platform(s) (SAP S/4 or Oracle cloud or Salesforce, etc.) differentiation solution proposed to the client.
• Shape the commercial proposition by working with finance team / commercial team or other responsible areas to develop the underlying economics of the solution.
• Work with Legal and Commercial teams to ensure use of standards and adherence for internal compliance. Collaborate with the legal advisors to provide input to contractual Terms and Conditions.
• Manage solution risk assessment through active issue management and risk mitigation.
• Contribute to Solution specific content for Response or Proposal material.
• Support creation of (and review) contract schedules.
• Obtain the necessary signoff and compliance of the solution with proper input from the Technology and Delivery Leads on client business objectives, industry, risk assessment, budget, and preferences.
• Lead and/or participate discussions around Client Value Creation, Innovation, Solution Differentiation and provide solution details during orals / client workshop sessions.
• Confirm artifacts developed during the Solutioning and ensure they are uploaded according to the defined processe(s).
• Effectively transition the Solution Plan to the appropriate teams within the Delivery Platforms, including Service Delivery and Mobilisation.
Skills and Capabilities
• Ability to build trusted relationships with Client CXOs/SVPs Eco-system partners.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Independence and self-motivation.
• Ability to coordinate a distributed and diverse team.
• Attention to detail attitude.
• Knowledge and experience in financial analysis and costing.
• Industry-specific solution knowledge and knowledge (ability to build knowledge) of Accenture offerings, assets and capabilities (recommended).
Professional experience and other requirements
• 10+ years of experience in the Information Technology industry, with minimum experience of technology consulting, technology solutioning, technology sales in application services (system integration, application outsourcing, cloud advisory) experience.
• At-least 5 years of extensive selling/pre-sales/solutioning experience in client proximity.
• Experience in developing Statements of Work / Project Charters / Contract Schedules (recommended)
• Experience and Knowledge of different commercial Structures and deal shapes (recommended)
• Solution planning and configuration experience (recommended)
• Industry exposure (at least in one industry) in driving business value through consultative approach and thought leadership
• Willingness to be mobile and meet client travel requirements
• Willingness to work flexible hours to meet proposal deadlines