Procurement management - Procurement Support
Management Level - Manager
Years of Experience:
13 to 18 years
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Technology and Operations services, and Accenture Song— all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.Visit us at
What would you do?
HR Category teams ( Corp Services )support all facets of sourcing like training, BGC, Translation, Corp Services, Professional Services, OEM Learning, and associated services. HR Category team in Procurement work with our supply partners to ensure the best talent can be sourced, contracted, and managed from end-to-end, supporting our HR teams in enabling best vendors for all strategic sourcing.
In this role, Procurement Practice Manager is responsible for supporting the delivery of services to stakeholders and category leads including but not limited to strategic sourcing, competitive bids, contract negotiations, supplier performance management, price management, savings/compliance reporting, continuous improvement and ongoing cost reductions, supply market monitoring, and issue resolution.
What are we looking for?
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 12-15 years out of which of 7-10 years' experience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiations, procurement and supplier management.
• Proven knowledge of Procurement methodology and sourcing execution with demonstrated success negotiating complex purchasing agreements in this category
• Ability to manage multiple projects, adopt a flexible approach and prioritize tasks appropriately
• Comfortable navigating and communicating in a multicultural and broad environment and with all levels of the organization
• Strong stakeholder management, relationship building, and communication skills aligned to a proactive customer-focused approach
• Forward and solution minded, team player and with high degree of self-management
• Comfortable working in a matrix type organization
• Ability to coach/mentor and lead if required; ability to collaborate, advocate a shared vision, and execute with agility
• Ability to travel 10% of time
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Procurement Practice Manager will:
• Lead sourcing exercises including RFIs and RFPs in the delivery of the category strategy and market unit objectives
• Lead upfront market research and supplier identification for category projects
• Business partner stakeholders to ensure delivery is aligned to procurement and stakeholder objectives
• Work collaboratively with suppliers and stakeholders to lead, communicate and support sourcing and category management activities
• Provide analysis for necessary sourcing activities to maintain the competitiveness of category contracts
• Build trusted partnerships with our supplier panel to deliver our strategy and market unit objectives
• Manage KPI reporting of supplier performance, and identify opportunities for data to improve the delivery of our category strategy
• Perform total cost of ownership analyses for the evaluation of continuous cost improvement projects
• Gather monthly performance-related data and prepare executive reports and presentations
• Support supply market research for your category
• Support sales & business development, spend & contract analysis, and category planning activities
• Perform numerous complex problem-solving functions to ensure customer satisfaction with Accenture’s services
• Ensure communication flows between the relevant functions at a local and global level that are involved in delivering the category strategy
• Develop excellent working relationships with customer stakeholders at both the corporate and business unit level
• Support P2P processes as required in delivery of procurement services to key category stakeholders.
• Proactively present recommendations for efficiency, innovative ideas, cost optimisation strategies, and new ways of working to the customer/stakeholder in an advisory capacity.