Procure to Pay Processing - Invoice Processing Operations
Management Level - Senior Analyst
Years of Experience:
5 to 8 years
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Technology and Operations services, and Accenture Song— all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.Visit us at
What would you do?
The incumbent should be an expert in Accounts payable lifecycle and will be responsible for
• Must be flexible with shift timings working in US/UK hours
• Managing team of 12-15 Team members for PTP invoice processing, Vendor Master Payments, AP Account Reconciliation, AP helpdesk
• The role is also expected to perform the role of the AP SME within the team.
• He / She must have independently managed the Accounts payable process for International client, worked in BPO organization in a prior assignment(S) at least for 4 years.
The Procure to Pay Processing team helps clients and organizations by boosting vendor compliance, cutting savings erosion, improving discount capture using preferred suppliers, and in confirming pricing and terms prior to payment. The team is responsible for accounting of goods and services, through requisitioning, purchasing and receiving. They also look after order sequence of procurement and financial process end to end.
In Invoice Processing Operations you will ensure efficient and accurate processing of expense invoices / claims in adherence with client policy and procedures.You will be working on audit claims in accordance with client policies and procedures. You will work on save/post invoice in ERP,verify WHT, VAT/WHT discrepancy resolution.You will also be required to post the invoices for payment and work on PO Process, Non - PO, credit note, 2 way Match & 3 Way Match, Email management and ERP Knowledge.
What are we looking for?
• Adaptable and flexible
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Problem-solving skills
• Detail orientation
• Ability to establish strong client relationship
• Minimum 8 years of AP experience in BPO out of which 2-3 years minimum with experience as Team Lead.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance Accounting or related field
• Advanced knowledge of AP concepts and applications
• Strong understanding of AP metrics and SLAs and the factors that influence them
System & applications
• Experience of working in SAP ERP would be an added advantage.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS office tools (Excel/Word/PPT) is must.
• Having advanced excel knowledge would be an added advantage.
• Ability to run/support automation/RPA/process improvement initiatives parallel to the core job
• Ability to interact with customers to ensure a high quality of service, while balancing expectations and realizations
• Excellent in communication skills both oral and written as need to interact with suppliers/internal stakeholders via calls and e-mails.
• Broad mix of operational and functional experiences with a sound understanding of risks and issues that impact global service delivery and operations, particularly in AP
• Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing to influence others through one-on-one conversations, governance calls with client.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Complete understanding of accounts payable life cycle and must possess in-depth knowledge of processing all categories of Invoices (PO, Non-PO, OTP Invoices, Utility Invoices, Statutory Payments, Vendor helpdesk,
• Should be an expert in managing all types of Invoice exceptions, urgent payments.
• Should have experience of handling international client in BPM organization.
• Must possess great interpersonal skills, must have experience of speaking to client teams and handling their queries
• Must be an expert in analyzing customer queries and work with query desk in closing invoice query
• Manage AP teams and processes in accordance with documented procedures and policies
• Participate in the weekly, monthly governance call and manage the status call.
• Lead the resolution of complex or sensitive issues from client, senior management, or vendor queries on a timely basis
• Monitor process and operational KPIs to ensure effective delivery against targets and benchmarks
• Manage and oversee control procedures and practices to ensure no significant SOX control deficiencies in the AP delivery sub-function
• Identify and support AP improvement initiatives to drive operational efficiencies and improved controls
• Manage required and appropriate reporting to facilitate informed decision making (e.g. aging, forecasted payables, Hold invoice reportings, AP open items Report )
• Support external audit and SOX/internal audit requests
• Support regional leadership through business partnering by providing metrics, problem resolution, and reporting process performance
• Remain up to date on AP-related policies and regulations of all areas (i.e. territories) in-scope
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy
People Management Responsibilities:
• Supervise and manage an AP team of approximately 12-15 team members, ensuring communication and coordination across teams
• Facilitate interactions between team members and business to promote cross-functional ways of working and promote seamless hand-offs
• Work with the supervisor to manage direct reports’ goals and objectives,
• Regular monthly discussion with team members to set the right expectations, provide required coaching and feedback on real time basis.
• Evaluate the performance on timely basis to avoid impact on process and people.
• Develop/mentor team; provide advice, counselling, soft skills guidance; interpersonal, interaction skills
• Monitor and drive capacity utilization by balancing the process and people aspect.