Finance Processes and Operations - Finance Strategy
Management Level - Team Lead/Consultant
Years of Experience:
7 to 11 years
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Technology and Operations services, and Accenture Song— all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.Visit us at
What would you do?
• Lead a team responsible for delivering core financial control activities including balance sheet reconciliation, Ledger close, and fulfillment of all statutory regulatory and management reporting requirements relating to those supported GU processes.
• Demonstrate capability and willingness to be "Hands-on" gradually on all accounting transactions managed under his or her span. - strong exposure to USGAAP, IFRS, local GAAP accounting and auditing pronouncements will be relevant.
• Supervision of teams responsible for the month-end process and preparation of monthly management reports with detailed reconciliations in accordance with strict deadlines.
• Ensure detailed review and where appropriate commentary of financial information as well as identifying areas for detailed analysis or further investigation. Ensuring corrections are made where necessary.
• Ensure all SLA’s (accuracy, timeliness and completeness) whether implicit or explicit are met.
• Manage review and sign off on internal and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Controls ensuring sufficient evidence for all owned balance sheet and P&L accounts.
• Establish a strong culture of risk awareness and control review ensuring issues are identified and resolved in a constructive open manner
• Create and embed a culture of continuous improvement using ‘Lean’/’AGILE’ and other quality initiatives.
• Support business by being the single point of contact for any assigned projects. Involvement in effective management of new transitions of any additional finance processes or GU’s and other mobilizations which includes developing and maintaining process maps and supporting documentation for all Controllership activities managed by the team.
• Developing and managing client relationships and also between Finance and Operations.
• Pro-actively engage with finance group and Accenture programs or initiatives which may impact and or benefit finance shared services to drive and influence the result
• Initiating and managing process improvements where necessary including identifying areas for streamlining and efficiency improvements.; devising and implementing new processes to achieve these goals.
• Attend business-related meetings at scheduled frequencies.
• Participate in all stakeholder meetings (wherever invited) and ensure all updates/concerns are raised through forums that are appropriate for such redressal.
• Ensure Client delight - Try and build a very strong rapport with all stakeholders, whether internal or external, and ensure strong visibility (self) within the organization
What are we looking for?
• Work effectively with and through others to develop the professional capability of self and team
• Plan and manage staff upskilling and Continuous Personnel Development - proactively shares the right information and learning with colleagues on a timely basis
• Takes personal responsibility for own and team performance and development and complies with corporate standards
• Addresses conflicts or issues within the team in a positive and open manner and provides clear feedback to team members. Manages continuous conversations with team members and ensures year-end appraisals.
• Provide strategic direction to the team with a specific focus on establishing career paths for the team providing good career progression and development to staff and establishing strong succession planning at all levels of the team.
• Participate in all team-building activities
Roles and Responsibilities
•In this role you are required to do analysis and solving of moderately complex problems
• May create new solutions, leveraging and, where needed, adapting existing methods and procedures
• The person would require understanding of the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals
• Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor
• May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture
• Guidance would be provided when determining methods and procedures on new assignments
• Decisions made by you will often impact the team in which they reside
• Individual would manage small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
• Please note that this role may require you to work in rotational shifts