Learning Content Design and Development - Learning Content Development
Management Level - Team Lead/Consultant
Years of Experience:
7 to 11 years
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Technology and Operations services, and Accenture Song— all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.Visit us at
What would you do?
The Instructional Design Lead provides day-to-day direction for multiple training development efforts – specifically course efforts with smaller scope (output hours average range from 1-16) and small budget (work effort average range 40 – 250 hours). The Instructional Design Lead ensures that projects are executed according to CDC process, quality, budget, and milestone standards. The Instructional Design Lead tracks and reports progress to ensure completion according to agreed-upon schedule and within budget requirements for an average team of 3-4 Instructional Design Analysts/Senior Analysts. The Learning Content Development team focuses on developing learning activities and supporting materials (for instructor-led training, web-based training, application simulations and performance simulation) according to the content design plan. The team is responsible for creating content for e-learning modules, developing training solutions using prescribed tools, quality, budget and milestone standards. The team is also responsible for participating in course test activities such as cycle testing, UAT, editorial and instructional design checks to properly document problems for issue resolution.
What are we looking for?
• Ability to establish strong client relationship
• Results orientation
• BA/BS - Prefer degree in Instructional Design, Cognitive Psychology, English, Technical Writing, Communications, related field or equivalent experience.
• Work Experience:
• Academic or practical training/learning industry experience
• Demonstrated experience developing performance solutions
• Prior experience supervising learning professionals
• Prefer experience with developing training solutions for global audience; adjusting materials based on cultural needs, regional constraints and localization or translation considerations
• Basic project management experience
• o Solid knowledge of instructional design techniques, adult learning theory, and web-based development tools o Strong written communication skills - working knowledge of editorial requirements– grammar and instructional design of materials; attention to detail to ensure quality o Strong oral communication skills - ability to facilitate client SMEs and sponsor discussions to set expectations and ensure appropriate involvement o Knowledge of and practice with several instructional approaches (web-based, instructor-led, or virtual instructor-led training) o Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MS Project) o Knowledge of Lectora and Storyline/Presenter o Basic knowledge of project management tools including workplanning and resource scheduling o Strong knowledge of issue identification and problem-solving tools
Roles and Responsibilities
• Prepare conceptual design documents oCreate initial conceptual designs (based on proven instructional theory) that meet business requirements. oComplete detailed designs based on high-level module designs. oDevelop instruction modules and materials based on design specifications. oConducts audience and needs analyses to confirm appropriateness of learning objectives.
• Initiate course effort oCreate detailed workplan for effort based on budget and resource plan provided by the supervisor oPrepare interview protocol and recommendations for course design based on preliminary or conceptual design information oFacilitate content gathering from Subject Matter Experts to create course design oDefine field trial and acceptance test approaches oConfirm Client Subject Matter Expert agreement of detailed schedule and involvement throughout process, set expectations for remainder of project. oIdentify detailed learning objectives for each course based on business drivers and performance goals; map course content to appropriate learning objectives oFacilitate project kick-off meeting with internal team to build understanding of the client subject matter expert roles and project; set expectations with team based on individual development plans and course schedule
• Execute training solutions production on all types of development projects oDesign and develop course content and facilitate media requirements according to project workplan and schedule oDevelop materials according to CDC process standards (as needed) oIdentify learning-related issues such as content sequencing, flow of information and relevancy of media oEvaluate materials to ensure that learning objectives have been met and appropriately satisfy performance gaps. oReview deliverables for completeness, compliance with standards, and consistency with the detailed design; prepare materials for manager review oCreate test plan; lead course usability, testing and implementation of corrective actions oProvide oversight on content revisions given feedback from client subject matter experts and field trial participants; manage work effort to maintain scope
• Support training solutions development process oCoordinate project activities between all disciplines including media, technology, project management, client onsite or business interlock and delivery teams oIdentify continuous improvement areas based on lessons learned; modify process steps as appropriate for client situation with direction from manager oCollaborate with team, peers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) via professional communication channels to maintain relationships"