Learning Content Design and Development - Learning Content Development
Management Level - Team Lead/Consultant
Years of Experience:
7 to 11 years
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Technology and Operations services, and Accenture Song— all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.Visit us at
What would you do?
The Technical Architect supports the Accenture’s Learning Experience Design & Development team (LEDD) in a variety of capacities. The role entails supporting the development and delivery of training solutions to all Accenture Learning clients (including but not limited to web-based training, system simulation, performance simulation and virtual-web-based training). As a member of the Tech Arch team, the Technical Architect is responsible for translating business requirements against standard product offerings and development platforms to enable the LEDD organization to develop content in a repeatable factory model. The Technical Architect works as the point of contact for all the technology needs at different stages of the project. The Technical Architect would work closely with the project leads during mobilization to 1) Create prototypes, 2) complete Integration testing with delivery platforms, 3) Create job aids and other relevant documentation 4) Onboard the content development team on the tool/s and processes. The Technical Architect is responsible for reporting status of all technical deliverables back to the Senior Architect. The Technical Architects responsibility would also include up skilling the content development team on standard tools and technologies. The Technical Architect is expected to learn new tools as and when introduced and knowledge share it with other team members. In addition to supporting standard development tools the Technical Architect will be expected to carry out R&D into new technical solutions in line with client business requirements and company strategy. As a secondary responsibility the Technical Architect will need work with the location specific IT team on all the other technology enablement at the center.
What are we looking for?
• Adaptable and flexible
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Problem-solving skills
• Detail orientation
• Ability to establish strong client relationship
• BA/BS - bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business. Related field, or equivalent experience 10+ years’ experience in the following areas: Essential:
• Working inside a small team developing web /app-based solution using common development languages
• Ability to develop end to end software solution using common software development languages without assistance or direct supervision
• Has experience in developing content for mobile platforms or has worked on development of mobile applications e.g., IOS, Android and Windows Phone
• Experience undertaking common software quality assurance practices to validate solutions developed
• Has experience creating detailed software documentation
• Strong English written / oral communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to carry out research as necessary
• Ability to multitask and manage several concurrent work assignments while meeting agreed upon timelines and commitments
• Proficient using Microsoft Office
• Familiarity / expertise in industry standard learning courseware frameworks: SCORM
1.2, SCORM 2004, AICC
Roles and Responsibilities
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. This does not prescribe or restrict responsibilities that may be assigned.
• Provide end to end technology support throughout LEDD project lifecycles o Project Mobilization ? Ensure Accenture’s standard product offerings integrate with client delivery environments. Provide issue resolutions for products experiencing compatibility issues with the delivery platform ? Identify and recommend solutions for non-standard or client-specific requirements ? Provide technical requirements to LEDD Media team to enable development of the course graphical user interface ? Active involvement in certification of product types on client delivery platforms (LMS, CMS, Intranet) ? Assist with network connectivity setup for new client projects. Work with the appropriate network teams to establish remote connectivity for LEDD locations to a client’s network ? Industrialize and standardize new technology when in scope. Create reusable solutions for reuse on future engagements o Run Phase ? Act as point of contact for all technology issues with standard tools and technologies adapted for the project ? Support the LEDD team in testing course materials in client staging environments ? Conduct e-learning application tool training for existing project team members and new joiners ? Support lead architect with estimating effort for change requests. Document approach, process change for the project and share with all relevant stakeholders
• Provide an in-depth understanding of standard Accenture Learning tools and processes o Act as the go to person for the LEDD’s tools and technology requirements o Provide tool and development platform enablement to LEDD resources o Develop product enhancements as required that minimize customizations and cost o Participate in R&D initiatives to help the Architect Lead with the mobilization of new tools
• Product Development o Subscribe to e-learning journals and blogs tracking the evolution of e-learning toolsets. Provide tool recommendations as required for new client opportunities o Develop web / runtime applications according to custom client requirements when required o Serve as a subject matter expert for all development tools, custom apps and delivery platforms o Develop training and support documentation for new technology solutions to be used by the LEDD This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict responsibilities that may be assigned