Procurement management - Sourcing and Procurement Strategy
Management Level - Team Lead/Consultant
Years of Experience:
7 to 11 years
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Technology and Operations services, and Accenture Song— all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.Visit us at
What would you do?
You will be aligned with our Procurement vertical and help us in the process of finding and agreeing to terms, and acquiring goods, services, or works from an external source, often via a tendering or competitive bidding process. Procurement is used to ensure the buyer receives goods, services, or works at the best possible price when aspects such as quality, quantity, time, and location are compared. You will be working as a part of Procurement management team which uses a systematic approach for buying all the goods and services needed for a company to stay sustainable. They are involved in the identification of need, finding and qualifying the suppliers, requesting proposals, negotiating with suppliers, contracting, delivery and analyzing results. In this role, you would be required to have experience working in Direct or Indirect (CAPEX, MRO) categories, Tactical Buying / Spot Buys, RFx, knowledge of Req-PO processing, Procurement Help Desk / Service Desk functions, Vendor Master Data, Invoice processing, Payment processing, and other Accounts Payable functions. Functionally, you are expected to have exposure to driving transformation, process optimization, QA Frameworks, effective project management, etc. As part of the leadership role, you are expected to manage stakeholders (both internal and external), manage SLAs, drive compliance in your span as per the organizational requirements, focus on people development and work with clients to add value to the existing operations.
What are we looking for?
•Ability to establish strong client relationship
•Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
•Ability to perform under pressure
Roles and Responsibilities
•In this role you are required to do analysis and solving of moderately complex problems
• May create new solutions, leveraging and, where needed, adapting existing methods and procedures
• The person would require understanding of the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals
• Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor
• May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture
• Guidance would be provided when determining methods and procedures on new assignments
• Decisions made by you will often impact the team in which they reside
• Individual would manage small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
• Please note that this role may require you to work in rotational shifts