Skill required: Procurement Operations - Procurement Support
Designation: Procurement Operations Specialist
Years of Experience:7 to 11 years
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security.Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Technology and Operations services, and Accenture Song— all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.Visit us at www.accenture.com
What would you do? The role of the Procurement Specialist would include but is not limited to data analysis, visualization, communication skills and critical thinking. The management of the sourcing process for any one spend categories such as, Marketing, Insurance, Finance, HR and other categories as may be under the management of procurement is required. The individual would be responsible for the identification of sourcing opportunities with internal clients, and help in deep data analysis and visualization as required for the negotiation strategy of the category.
What are we looking for? REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Around of 5 - 8 years experience in excel skills, any automation with exposure to sourcing, contract negotiation and supplier management across one category of spend.
• Confidence and ability to demonstrate the value that professional procurement can deliver to the organization
• Self-starter, demonstrating initiative, ability to motivate, positive and friendly attitude
• Ability to manage relationships effectively with all levels within customer & supplier organisations
• Strong analytical, English written and oral communication skills
• Proactive customer-focused approach
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, and results driven team environment
• Experience of working with e-procurement technology would be beneficial
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office IT packages – (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Project)
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
• Business related graduate degree
Roles and Responsibilities: Critical to this role are the following activities that need to be carried out for the categories under management;
1. Project managing sourcing efforts to ensure smooth execution and deployment
2. Initiative resulting in ‘continuous improvement’ is adopted and the
3. Tracking of projected benefits against every sourcing initiative (Spend & Savings).
4. Data Gathering, analysis, visualization and building Dash Boards, BI as required.
5. Ensuring supplier’s performance to their contractual obligations,
Apart from the above, this role would require the adoption of Initiative resulting in; ‘continuous improvement’, constructive engagement with clients and greater customer satisfaction.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / TASKS
• Working with the internal Accenture customers, India Growth Market Lead and colleagues to determine new procurement sourcing opportunities.
• Data gathering, data analysis, data visualization, building negotiation strategy, preparing recommendation reports to showcase the sourcing effort, building dashboards, BI as required.
• Conducting and concluding market research of the supply base for new sourcing opportunities is preferred.
• Taking the lead in manage sourcing projects, including pre-qualifying suppliers, RFP/Q compilation, evaluation of supplier responses and negotiation with suppliers as appropriate to obtain optimal terms and conditions for pricing and services for Accenture. This will be portion of the said job for long term development as a Buyer.
• Take ownership to track the project lifecycle and initiate renewals and renegotiation efforts in a proactive manner.
• Reporting actual spend & savings on a monthly basis for completed sourcing efforts
• Tracking compliance and utilization of contracts against sourcing efforts
• Develop and build relationships with clients through a structured and periodical process
• As applicable, manage the activities of the Transactional Buyer(s) to ensure that purchase orders are raised, distributed and expedited in accordance with Accenture’s policies/procedures and in an efficient and timely manner.