Skill required: Reporting & Insights - Reporting Analytics
Designation: Analytics and Modeling Senior Analyst
Years of Experience:5 to 8 years
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security.Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Technology and Operations services, and Accenture Song— all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.Visit us at www.accenture.com
What would you do? We are seeking Microsoft Power BI developer who can assist business analysts in developing, maintaining and supporting operational reports, dashboards, and scorecards solutions for clients in different industries dealing with various types of challenging data. They are looked upon as the specialists in charge of interacting with business stake holders, gathering requirements and creating effective Business Intelligence (BI) solutions and analytics dashboards.
Experience developing reports and dashboard with - Microsoft Power BI. Working experience in commercial & regulatory reporting- Experience with connecting multiple data sources in Power BI to implement working reports- Advanced SQL writing skills, strong understanding of relational and dimensional data models - Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects and it include Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies and Transformations. Candidate should be able to respond to technical queries / requests from team members and customers. Also, should be able to coach, guide and mentor junior members in the team.
What are we looking for? Educational Qualification:
Bachelor's degree in engineering or science or equivalent graduates with minimum 4 years of experience.
• 1+ years of experience for the desired candidate who need to be excellent in writing DAX in MS Power BI Desktop.
• Need to have experience in creating calculated measures and columns with DAX in MS Power BI Desktop.
• Strong domain knowledge in Retail Industry domain.
• Team management and project management
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, accustomed to work in a team environment with tight schedules and capable of working efficiently under pressure. Do POCs to showcase the capabilities of Microsoft Power BI to customer
Good to have:
• Very strong SQL skills in at least one DB technology i.e. Teradata or any other database like Oracle, UDB. Teradata skills are preferred.
• Understanding of ETL process- Good database knowledge and experience, should be able to write complex SQL queries
• Knowledge on Power BI Mobile is a plus.
• Knowledge on Azure is an added advantage.
Roles and Responsibilities: • Minimum overall 5-6 years of experience in leading Analytics projects for large Retail clients
• Experience in creating dashboards, volume reports, operating summaries, and presentations and graphs.
• SSRS Integration to Power BI.
• Experience in Data Gateway for data refreshing, content Pack Library.
• Expert in publishing reports to app.powerbi.com and setting up the necessary connection details and scheduling.
• Excellent knowledge connecting Microsoft Power BI Desktop to various data sources. SQL Server is desirable.
• Experience in Custom Visuals and Groups Creation.
• Experience in Managing Embed Codes
• Proficient at data visualization using Power BI and a strong application development.
• Implementation of Row Level Security by defining various constraints for each defined ROLE.
• Must have a background in data analysis, insight generation etc.
• 3+ years of experience on SQL Server 2012 or advanced versions. SQL Server 2016 is an added advantage.
• Good SQL knowledge and code optimization skills to improve performance of the reports for faster performance.
• Expert knowledge using advanced calculations using MS Power BI Desktop (Aggregate, Date, Logical, String, Table).
• Good at creating different visualizations using Slicers, Lines, Pies, Histograms, Maps, Scatter, Bullets, Heat Maps, Tree maps, etc.
• Analyze business requirements and work with client areas to produce functional specifications for use as reference in creation of the reporting and analytical solutions. Provides accurate level of effort estimates and delivery plans for projects and initiatives.
• Ability to showcase complete dashboard implementations that demonstrate visual best practices e g color themes visualization layout interactivity drill down capabilities filtering etc
• Experience with the preparation of data for visualization e g data profiling data cleansing volume assessment and partitioning modeling data etc
• Experience in gathering and translating end user requirements into effective efficient dashboards
• Experience working with relational data sources like Oracle SQL Server and flat files Good experience with cloud based data sources e g Salesforce, Google, Azure.