Skill required: Strategic Sourcing - Sourcing
Designation: Procurement Practice Specialist
Years of Experience:7 to 11 years
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security.Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Technology and Operations services, and Accenture Song— all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.Visit us at www.accenture.com
What would you do? The Category Management Specialist is responsible for supporting the delivery of Indirect Procurement categories such as Workplace, Marketing, HR & Professional Services, IT services to customer(s) including but not limited to stakeholder management, strategic sourcing, supplier performance management, price management, savings/compliance reporting, continuous improvement and ongoing cost reductions, supply market monitoring, and issue resolution.
This employee will be responsible for drafting, updating and training for various unique IT Category processes, procedures and related deliverables. In addition, this employee will team with Accenture support functions (MMPR (document repository, Centralized Category Management. Buy Now; IT Category metric development, maintenance and reporting; and special project management and reporting to ensure deliverables are completed on time and to the customer’s satisfaction. This role will also require Accenture and Supplier Executive-level communication and presentation skills.
What are we looking for? Basic Qualifications: - Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in strategic sourcing, procurement, logistics, materials and supplier management.
- Demonstrated success at triaging incoming sourcing projects and understanding the unique Indirect Category business use cases.
- Demonstrated success at formulating category reporting and executive presentations.
- Comfortable and effective in interacting with all levels of management, including executives.
- Successfully train staff on current & new processes & procedures.
- Executive level communication skills explaining Procurement and related support (Legal, Tax, Fortify, etc.) policies & procedure.
- Experience specific to strategic sourcing or e-procurement, preferred.
- Active working knowledge of Accenture Procurement+ strategic sourcing processes & procedures
- Experience specific to Indirect Procurement categories such as Workplace, Marketing, HR & Professional Services, IT-Telecom, preferred.
- Strong multi-phase project management skills.
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal including formal presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word.
- Adaptable communication ability to conform to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our customers.
- Highly motivated independent self-starter who thrives on challenge and delivering exceptional results.- Possess a desire to learn and deliver as a true team player
Roles and Responsibilities: •The Category Management Specialist will:
- Gather monthly performance-related data and prepares executive reports and presentations.
- Interacts with all levels of management including M, executive levels.
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and stakeholders to lead, communicate and support sourcing and category management procurement-related activities.
- Provide analytical support for necessary sourcing activities to maintain the competitiveness of category contracts.
- Perform total cost of ownership analyses for the evaluation of continuous cost improvement projects.
- Support supply market research for your relevant categories.
- Support sales & business development, spend & contract analysis and category planning activities- Assist in the development of customer reports for category specific savings results.
- Perform numerous complex problem-solving functions to ensure customer satisfaction with Accenture’s services.
- Develop good working relationships with customer stakeholders at both the corporate and business unit level.