Accenture is a leading global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Senior Manager - ESG
Find endless opportunities to solve our clients' toughest challenges, as you work with exceptional people, the latest tech and leading companies across industries.
Practice: CFO & Enterprise Value, Capability Network | Areas of Work: ESG Measurement, Analytics and Performance | Level: Senior Manager | Location: Delhi, Gurugram, Mumbai, Bengaluru | Years of Exp: 14+ years
Explore an Exciting Career at Accenture
Are you an outcome-oriented problem solver? Do you enjoy working on transformation strategies for global clients? Does working in an inclusive and collaborative environment spark your interest?
Then, Accenture Strategy and Consulting is the right place for you to explore limitless possibilities.
As a part of the Capability Network CFO & Enterprise Value team, you will support CFOs and finance organizations to craft and implement strategies anchored on digital disruption, new age operating models and best-in-class practices, to drive market differentiation and drive sustainable growth.
About Accenture’s ESG Measurement, Analytics and Performance Capability:
ESG Measurement, Analytics and Performance capability helps our clients understand their ESG performance and unlock sustainable value. We do this with the careful application of analytics, artificial intelligence and cloud computing to solve competing business problems. This helps clients enhance the accuracy, integrity and credibility of the ESG metrics to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
At Accenture we have established this team to harness the power of technology to amplify human ingenuity in seeking solutions across the entire enterprise and ESG Agenda. We are recognized as a global market leader in climate change and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) services working with clients to reach their sustainability objectives through the application of digital transformation and emerging technologies. Our dedicated team brings deep experience integrating sustainability into strategy, operating models, processes, and technologies to deliver sustainable growth.
In joining the ESG Measurement, Analytics and Performance team you will drive the C-Suite agenda to address some of the key challenges facing organisations including:
1. How do I move beyond reporting and disclosure to embed ESG to drive performance?
2. Who should be in charge of ESG in the organisation? What is the optimal ESG Operating Model for ESG measurement & reporting?
3. How do I measure, monitor and mitigate physical and transition risks and comply with the numerous pending ESG regulations/ legislations?
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
Together, let’s enable enterprise innovation, and deliver tangible results and outcomes for our clients. If you’re looking for a challenging career, working within a vibrant environment, access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you.
On our team you will:
• Develop and lead high performing multidisciplinary teams, leading by example, actively mentoring others and contributing to performance management and recruitment activities
• Use your judgment to solve complex and ambiguous client business and sustainability problems, bringing structure and rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis, acting and taking decisions with little management oversight
• Develop knowledge of key sustainability trends and how they impact markets, financial performance and corporate strategy in order to identify key value opportunities for clients
• Run Accenture’s business (including cost management, contract management, and resourcing) with discipline, rigor and integrity
• Contribute to business development activities including opportunity identification/qualification and proposal development/presentation
• Support practice/ community building efforts such as developing offerings, assets, capabilities, and relevant thought leadership and engage with the wider Sustainability community across Accenture globally
Bring your best skills forward to excel in the role:
• Strong consulting acumen and leadership skills
• Strong writing skills to build perspectives on current industry trends
• Good analytical skills to provide clarity to complex issues and gather data-driven insights
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Cross-cultural competence with an ability to thrive in a dynamic consulting environment
Read more about us.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or engineering related discipline or equivalent experience
• Master’s Degree preferred
• You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in project or consulting type of work in roles connected to Sustainability Measurement and Performance topics?or you have dedicated experience from ESG work e.g. as a CSO or in a sustainability team.
• Expertise in green data, green technology enablement and ESG metrics definition
• Carbon accounting skills
• Experience in governance of ESG measurement, i.e. environmental operating model design, carbon offset strategy definition and ESG Framework selection
• ESG Risk Management experience, e.g. Green Regulation experience, Carbon Risk Management
• Application of recognised sustainability frameworks and guidelines (TCFD, GRI, SASB, EU Taxonomy, etc.)
• Quantitative analysis and non-financial value case development
• Qualitative analysis, research and stakeholder engagement
• Relationship building at all levels, including with Senior Executives and C-Suite
• Leadership of diverse teams in complex and ambiguous strategy engagements
• Staff development and mentoring
• Comfort leading presentations and workshops with large audiences
Set yourself apart!
• Experience working on sustainability engagements in one or more industries which are leading the sustainability transformation including: energy/renewables; mining and metals; mobility; consumer goods and retail; financial services
• Experience working on key ESG Measurement, Analytics and Performance topics including Sustainable growth and portfolio strategy; Sustainability sentiment tracking; ESG impact assessment and business model diagnostics; Sustainable technology adoption; Real-time ESG monitoring and tracking; Sustainable finance; ESG reporting, analytics and modelling; Future operating model and sustainability leadership
• Strong understanding of the sustainability regulatory landscape to guide clients on how to prioritise
• Extensive experience at a top tier strategy or boutique sustainability consulting firm
• Experience in financial modelling, business case development and ESG tracking, reporting and modelling technologies
• Experience of using digital technologies to solving clients’ complex business and sustainability problems
• Confidence to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner and to constructively challenge team members and leadership to ensure the right client outcomes and value are delivered
What’s in it for you?
• An opportunity to work on transformative projects with key G2000 clients
• Potential to Co-create with leaders in strategy, industry experts, enterprise function practitioners and, business intelligence professionals to shape and recommend innovative solutions that leverage emerging technologies.
• Ability to embed responsible business into everything—from how you service your clients to how you operate as a responsible professional.
• Personalized training modules to develop your strategy & consulting acumen to grow your skills, industry knowledge and capabilities
• Opportunity to thrive in a culture that is committed to accelerate equality for all. Engage in boundaryless collaboration across the entire organization.
In this role you will:
• Lead successful ESG Measurement, Analytics and Performance engagements, addressing our clients’ business challenges to deliver commercial success together with positive impacts for society and the environment on topics including:
o Sustainability strategy
o Sustainable growth and portfolio strategy
o Sustainability sentiment tracking
o Sustainability impact assessment and business model diagnostics
o Sustainable technology adoption
o Real-time ESG monitoring and tracking
o Sustainable finance
o Sustainability reporting, analytics and modelling
o Future operating model and sustainability leadership
• Leverage your core consulting skills to understand and structure clients’ challenges; develop hypotheses on solutions; undertake market and trends assessments and develop business cases to unlock value and enhance sustainability outcomes
• Use your deep industry knowledge and sustainability expertise to advise clients on their sustainability goals and transformation
• Build and develop client relationships and develop your own pipeline of work through opportunity identification/qualification, proposal development/presentation, and commercial contract negotiation
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
CN - Strategy - MC - Energy - 09
CN - Strategy - MC - CS&S - ACE - Amazon Connect - 05
Posted 4 days ago
CN - Strategy - MC - CS&S - ACE - Microsoft - 07
Posted 5 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.