Accenture is a leading global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Accenture Research uncovers trends and shape data-driven insights through market research and business intelligence for Accenture and its clients. Accenture Research combines deep understanding of Accenture clients’ industries with leading-edge research techniques to discover the most pressing issues facing organizations today.
Our growing team of over 300 researchers and analysts develops thought-provoking research -- supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations that guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as economic modeling, AI, crowdsourcing, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with Tier 1 academic and business partners. Accenture Research powers hundreds of points of views published by Accenture every year, answers thousands of thought provoking questions from clients around the world, drives the insights that guides Accenture’s business strategy and handles Accenture’s exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. The team is part of Accenture’s Strategy Office.
We work in two primary areas:
• Developing positioning papers and understanding trends: Accenture creates original, cutting-edge points of view to use with clients, the media and in conferences. Most of our projects are published and quoted in the media and you are expected to have a voice and an opinion on the industry both inside and beyond Accenture. Research into industry trends informs publications and the direction of our business.
• Client-focused research: We work alongside our colleagues from the practice to provide research on clients’ business challenges and opportunities, support proposals, engagements and day to day discussions with clients on their business and industry.
About the role
This role is part of our Global Data Science COE. We are looking for candidates with a passion for data-driven business research and insight discovery and communication to help solve the world’s most complex problems at the intersection of business, technology, and society. We offer a career aligned to our priority of creating innovation and impact, managing complex data driven research projects, with multinational and multidisciplinary teams. We provide opportunities for coaching, supervision and mentoring, as well as responsibilities to manage dedicated research budgets and relationships with external partners. Our projects have included collaborations with the World Economic Forum, Harvard and MIT, leading regional and multinational industry associations (e.g. Hannover Messe) and ecosystem partners (e.g. Microsoft).
Key Responsibilities include:
• Over time grow and build the local Data Science team, organize learning activities, create cross-pollination opportunities.
• Represent Accenture Research in client-facing situations, for instance in proposals and live/virtual presentations where a core part of the research solution lies in data science.
• Help in the design and execution of groundbreaking and differentiated research through the adoption and implementation of appropriate analytical methods
• Develop novel data-driven approaches to support current and future research projects
• Foster the adoption of data science research tools and outputs within Accenture industry teams (text analytics, sentiment analysis, data-wrangling, machine learning, web-scraping etc.)
What we offer:
• We have access to 100+ business data sources through our research data lake. We are constantly expanding our universe of data from commercial and open sources and partnering with premium data providers to improve quality of inputs into our models. These sources help our data driven research teams derive new key indicators of performance or maturity that differentiate our insights from other research organizations.
• We provide several unique training opportunities to continue your growth. These include both internal trainings, on the job, personal exploration time to work on novel methodologies without the constraints of a projects and with leading universities or vendors like MIT, Oxford U, Datacamp.
• Opportunity to connect and present findings to leadership teams and senior audiences, coming from diverse backgrounds. This offers the opportunity to hone your skills on the ability to easily explain and translate technical concepts into business actions.
We are looking for someone who has a comprehensive skill set:
• Leadership and ability to manage people and foster an inclusive and innovative culture
• Expertise in developing knowledge graphs, extracting the necessary relationships from structured and unstructured data.
• Advanced Deep learning knowledge: TensorFlow, Neural Network (CNN, LSTM, BERT, etc..)
• Experience with Google Cloud (BigQuery, Cloud Run, Dataflow, functions)
• Experience with developing ETL jobs - either in Python or by using other ETL tools (e.g. Data Fusion)
• Ability to quickly grasp complex and unfamiliar subjects with the ability to articulate complex issues at the intersection of business and IT to senior executives
• Demonstrated aptitude for logical analysis, problem identification, and problem solving
• Front-end skills like knowledge of React and Material UI are a plus
• Track record in research projects using econometric modeling and data science to investigate innovative research questions
• Ability to fluently conduct discussions and write in English.
• Natural team leader with an open attitude in developing junior people
• Intellectual curiosity. Data-driven mindset.
• Strong interest in exploring use of emerging data-driven analytical tools and technologies
• Strong people developer - experience in supervising and coaching economists & data scientists
• Comfortable with ambiguity
• A clear client focus, decisiveness, integrity, resilience to stress against stretch goals and deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings
• Enthusiasm to work - independently, collaboratively, and virtually - in a global, multi-cultural, multi-time zone team
Dual reporting to: Senior Manager – Global Data Science Lead
Qualifications: Master degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Business or similar. Ph.D. is a plus
• Manager or similar
• 11+ years of relevant economic research and data science experience (incl. coding in R or Python)
• Global / large private corporation or institution, research think tank or recognized research government agency
Preferred start date: As soon as possible
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at email@example.com immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.