- Lead sourcing projects, including all key steps such as strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution
- Ascertain and execute the procurement approach that drives greatest value for the client
- Ensure the consistent delivery of sourcing services that meet and exceed savings and SLA targets Manage all aspects of sourcing projects according to team, account, and budget guidelines
- Establish, engage and manage client relationships (both functional and procurement) to drive strategic initiatives; support account stakeholder relationship plans
- Seek out opportunities to drive creativity and innovation within each sourcing project, while ensuring adherence to quality and timeliness standards
- Promote corporate objectives and change initiatives, ensuring Logistics sourcing team is supporting overall company direction and growth
- Represent Logistics Sourcing & Category Management team as a Subject Matter Expert in at least one of the logistics sub-categories above for current and prospective customers
- Actively monitor and communicate category insights, tends and conduct market research for designated clients
- Mentor more junior members in the sourcing team on stakeholder and project management, with a special emphasis on collaboration, customer focus, delivery excellence, continuous improvement, negotiations and contracting
- Develop your category-expertise to continuously deliver added value to clients and advance career opportunities
- Gain exposure to senior level client stakeholders and build a network of professionals within and outside of the company
- Work collaboratively with Sourcing Leaders and Category Management teams to expand understanding of end-to-end program management and delivery
- A degree in a quantitative discipline, preferably business, finance, economics, engineering, Logistics or mathematics
- Sourcing and/or logistics category management experience, in a consultancy environment or within an internal procurement function.
- Significant experience working within the logistics sector, either working for a shipper (i.e. manufacturer, retailer) or working for a logistics service provider (3PL, freight forwarder, shipping line).
- Good understanding of the cost drivers, market supply base, demand drivers and typical value levers relevant to logistics sub-categories (such as road transport, ocean/air freight, warehousing etc.) and the ability to converse credibly with client stakeholders on these topics.
- Excellent communication and organization/time management skills
- Strong ability to identify complex barriers to change and develop solutions to drive transformation
- Ability to develop a strategic sourcing strategy from scratch and to execute on this strategy
- Ability to adapt to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our clients
- Exceptional track record of building relationships with stakeholders or clients that have resulted in high client satisfaction
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Federal - Contract Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 1 day ago
Infor/Lawson Global HR Consultant (H&PS)
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
USA CO - Denver
.net C# Developer
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.