Infrastructure Projects Delivery is responsible for design and deployment security solutions protecting and managing the client network. An L3 resource is expected to function as the highest level of technical support and escalation for security related issues, incidents and initiatives. The person should be able to take the role of Subject Matter Expert in technical project deliverables and be responsible for end-to-end solution implementation. Network Security engineer should have sufficient networking experience to tightly cooperate with communications network team engineers to deliver the solutions on a wide scale covering all the networking aspects.
Roles and Responsibilities of Projects Security Engineer:
The primary function of this team includes the following.
- Due-diligence of existing client’s solution, analyzing physical topology, logical interconnectivity, service dependency, application flows and security constraints.
- Attending meetings and workshops with the client to understand requirements, challenges and risks.
- Successfully presenting and defending complex designs for critical infrastructure to senior client resources at formal review boards
- Developing security solution in cooperation with Data projects team for solid end-to-end secure communication using existing industry standards, best practices and know-hows fitting it into existing infrastructure and operations framework.
- Creating designs and support documentation for the delivered infrastructure. Raising change records and executing activity while adhering to client’s processes and procedures.
- Support and trouble-shooting of network security devices and systems delivered by the project to the client during transition/handover period. That includes firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual private networks (VPN), security device management platforms, etc.
- Vulnerability management, platform selection, software production-feature set and load- testing for chosen platform.