Accenture is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Accenture will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Accenture encourages applicants of all ages.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
CORE and Global Services (CGS) is a group of legal professionals working and supporting different legal areas such as Compliance, Regulatory Offerings, Ethics, Procurement, Corporate Matters and the Services Areas aligned with the new offerings and technologies such as Strategy & Consulting, Interactive, Technology, Security and Operations.
Geographic Compliance & Corporate (GCC) Role Summary – To provide comprehensive support to legal and business teams which includes support on Accenture policies and processes, legal research, legal judgements, using various tools and methodologies focused on internal policy compliances, risk mitigation, contract execution, etc.
Management Level Description
- Requires analysis and solving of increasingly complex problems.
- Interaction is with peers within Accenture before updating supervisors. Likely has some interaction with clients and/or Accenture management.
Authority: Requires minimal instruction on daily work tasks and a moderate level of instruction on new assignments.
Impact or Decision Impact: Decisions impact own work and may impact the work of others
Scope: Individual contributor and/or oversees a small work effort and/or team
- Understand the CORE areas, relevant company policies, company's approval processes and ensures that all stakeholders are timely engaged and informed on the relevant process
- Understand and suggest process improvements in the support area, enhance knowledge in context of the support area
- Directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues, build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team, recognize issues and provide timely escalation to Team Lead or appropriate stakeholders
- Assist team in drafting checklists, process documents and generic tracking reports
- Provide on the job training and support to the new joiners of the team, supervise resources, as required
- Support implementation of new initiatives in the support area or within GLN/Legal
- Support tech team in development of new tech tool or enhancement of existing ones
- Manage SharePoint and communication records
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
- Provide legal support to Accenture Corporate Functions and other areas on local & global legal matters. Provide legal advice and guidance and respond to inquiries made by various internal teams such as Workplace Solutions, Marketing & Communication, HR, Corporate Citizenship, CIO, IT and business teams, among others, on their daily operation.
- Provide Legal advice and support various areas of Accenture in the Compliance area, supporting with local Ethics & Compliance matters, Anticorruption, Competition Law, Regulatory, Data Privacy, Accenture’s policies, Intellectual Property, conflicts of interests and reviews of Codes of Conduct, among others. Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and with Accenture global and local policies and processes. Flag compliance risks in the day-to-day Accenture operations.
- Provide Legal support in the review of local & global Data Privacy initiatives. Identify risks according to local law and Accenture policies and flag potential issues.
- Support Entity Matters operations with various tasks, including drafting of corporate documents, drafting Board of Directors’ resolutions, management of Power of Attorneys, support to PMI processes and maintaining updated databases, among others.
- Provide general legal support in different areas collaborating with other Accenture Legal teams, such as Litigation, Employment Law, Taxes, Acquisitions, Administrative Law and Contract Management, among others.
- Accenture Counsels, Client commercial, procurement, contract management, business executives, outside counsels, vendors, corporate function