Working with the industrial manufacturer ABB, Accenture helped build an innovative Industrial Internet of Things solution that generates tangible value for ABB and its customers.
What Accenture did
Solution components including:
The team, including Accenture’s Industrial Software Center of Excellence in Romania, used an agile development approach to create new features and functionalities as ABB’s Smart Sensor device and solution evolved. It also maintains the overall solution, providing updates and upgrades in the ABB cloud.
People and culture
On average, only 10 percent of a factory’s equipment is monitored. Customers now have affordable tools to monitor the other 90 percent, not just critical assets.
"Accenture is a truly agile development partner; it’s a pleasure to see how the team is committed to our common goal to develop a solution bringing value to ABB’s customers and partners."
The new IIoT capabilities are only the beginning. ABB now has the foundation to apply more advanced analytics that deepen its knowledge about its motors’ performance, competitor assets and customer needs.