DevSecOps can accelerate transformation & innovation
In an era driven by disruption and constant change, there is a high correlation between technology adoption and revenue growth. However, our South African DevSecOps Survey shows that the majority companies are facing an innovation achievement gap—slow and narrow adoption of new technologies and approaches (think cloud, agile) and failure to integrate security into DevOps limits innovation and business potential, and makes organisations increasingly vulnerable to risk.
Our survey of 3,500 IT professionals across eight industries in South Africa to understand the extent of technology adoption and organisational readiness for technology adoption, delivered valuable insights:
- Adoption of agile in DevOps initiatives is low
- Only 35% fully integrate security into DevOps projects
- Over 50% have run into a security breach in the production stage of an application
- 74% don't do regular scheduled external tests
- 74% indicate a time frame of longer than one year to invest in DevSecOps
Adopting a ‘living systems’ approach can help South African businesses ramp up transformation to deliver value at the velocity of business change—securely.
It will require:
- Alignment of business and IT to create integrated agile teams;
- Implementing a continuous innovation approach to deliver value at speed; and
- Transforming talent and teams to be systems-centric and engineering-led to deliver change at scale.
The security operating model will also need to change to ensure security is baked into the delivery value chain, getting it right from the start.
- 20-30% faster development
- Up to 30x less remediation cost
- 30-50% less staff required
- Security as part of the business case
Today, security is everyone’s responsibility—it needs to be embedded into new operating models that are built for change. South African businesses must make this shift now to lead in the future.
Make the shift. Adopt DevSecOps.
DevSecOps infuses security throughout application development, operations and maintenance. The benefits f DevSecOps are:
What are the advantages of DevSecOps processes?
Adopting DevSecOps can protect the organisation
from cybercrime, comply with regulatory requirements and increase organizational responsiveness.