- To efficiently code, debug and unit test simple to moderate to complex programs. This includes new development and / or modifications to existing programs on a Supply Chain system;
- Compile designs for simple to moderate to complex programs;
- To investigate user requests in order to determine and correct root cause of incidents;
- Assist business / system analyst with definition and analysis of enhancements and new developments;
- Work with users to define program and system requirements as required;
- Prepare complete system documentation in the design, programming, testing and release phases of the system development life cycle; and
- Provide documentation support to project team, including maintenance of technical documentation, user manuals, and training materials.
General and administrative tasks
- Submit weekly status report to team leader in agreed format;
- Perform tasks according to project standards and procedures and within pre-defined timelines;
- Work effectively as part of a team and seek to support the team’s goals;
- Deliver the required deliverables as per applicable task assigned;
- Oral and written communication to supervisor/team leader;
- Work according to the-minute rule when solving problems, i.e. a problem is not solved within 15 minutes the supervisor should be involved to provide guidelines;
- Problems should be identified and escalated to the supervisor with sufficient lead-time to avert crises, this includes communication when the target date is not met or when the risk of not meeting the target date exists;
- Identify changes in scope or work effort that could result in budgetary overrun or the missing of delivery dates;
- Broaden own technical, functional (Supply Chain Management and Asset Management) and industry (Government) skill base;
- Engage in formal or informal knowledge transfer;
- Perform related work as per Client's IT and Operations Standards; and
- Adhere to project standards and procedures.
Other Features of the Job (e.g., location, traveling, shift hours, etc.):
- Open plan office
- Overtime when required
- 3 years relevant industry related tertiary qualification;
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please read Accenture’s Recruiting and Hiring Statement for more information on how we process your data during the Recruiting and Hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.