As a Sustainability Manager in the Accenture Strategy & Consulting team, you will be instrumental to help the South African practice build a strong Sustainability local practice and to deliver on the promise of sustainability and digital by helping our clients to achieve their sustainability ambitions.
In the Sustainability local practice, you will support the delivery of client engagements on key challenges including decarbonization and the energy transition; responsible value chains and circular economy business models; sustainable reporting and analytics; sustainable growth and portfolio strategy; sustainable brands and customer experience; future operating model and sustainability leadership; sustainable finance and ESG; and sustainable technology.
• Lead and deliver successful sustainability strategy workstreams, addressing our clients’ business challenges to create commercial success together with positive impacts on society and the environment.
• Leverage your core consulting skills to understand and structure the clients’ challenges; develop hypotheses on solutions; undertake market assessments; develop business cases and design operating models to unlock value and enhance sustainability outcomes.
• Develop junior staff on engagements (analysts and consultants) and support them during the problem solving and execution of client deliverables.
• Develop and sustain client relationships and identify commercial opportunities for senior colleagues including the Africa Sustainability Leader.
• Develop knowledge of key sustainability trends and how they impact markets, financial performance, and corporate strategy in order to identify key value opportunities for clients.
• Develop and sustain trusted senior client relationships pre, during, and post engagements.
• Support Accenture’s business (including engagement cost management, and contract management) with discipline, rigor, and integrity.
• Support business development activities including opportunity identification/qualification and proposal development/presentation as well as contribute to RFP/RFQ responses and unsolicited client pitches.
• Interact with our global Sustainability Hub.
• Engage with fellow Managers in our Growth markets (Singapore, India, Japan, Australia, etc.) and build out a network of capabilities and resources the South African team can leverage.
• Contribute to a high-performing Africa Sustainability Strategy team, leading by example, actively mentoring analysts and consultants, and contributing to performance management and recruitment activities internally and externally.
• Support practice/community-building efforts such as developing offerings, assets, capabilities, and relevant thought leadership.
• Application of recognized strategy and sustainability frameworks and structured problem-solving techniques.
• Knowledge of ESG Risk and Governance Frameworks.
• Knowledge of the application of technology in Sustainability including green technologies, renewable energy, waste management, water management as well as reporting platforms for performance management.
• Quantitative analysis and business case development for Sustainability engagements including the ability to identify improvement initiatives and sequence these as client roadmaps.
• Relationship building at all levels, including with Senior Executives on client engagements.
• Leadership of diverse teams in complex and ambiguous strategy engagements.
• Experience at a top-tier strategy or boutique sustainability consulting firm.
• Experience in using digital technologies to solve clients’ complex business and sustainability problems.
• Experience working on sustainability engagements in one or more industries that are leading the sustainability transformation including energy/renewables; mining and metals.
• Experience working on key sustainability topics including decarbonization and the energy transition; responsible value chains and circular economy business models; sustainable reporting and analytics; sustainable growth and portfolio strategy; sustainable brands and customer experience; future operating model; sustainable finance and ESG; sustainable technology
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
South Africa Midrand
Senior Manager - Mining
Posted 6 days ago
South Africa Midrand
Talent & Organisation (T&O)/Human Potential Consultant
Posted 14 days ago
Senior Manager - Retail Strategy
Posted more than 1 month ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.