We’re looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our South African team. You’ll be working side-by-side with our Global Data Science team to help implement in-house developed algorithms and provide software engineering expertise and support as required to the wider organization.
Your New Team
The data science team are part of the delivery consulting team, delivering a data science consulting offering across a wide portfolio of clients and services. As such, they are working on a broad spectrum of stimulating activities, ranging from algorithms development, data analysis and software development support.
Your New Role
- Provide technical input to system and software architecture design activities.
- Work closely with the data science team to develop a robust interface framework for the algorithms.
- Produce technical documentation covering software requirements, design specifications and test specifications.
- Develop high quality maintainable software features in accordance with the software process.
- Develop and implement sustainable developer test strategies to verify and validate software features.
- Investigate and fix issues in new and existing software/features.
- Produce prototype software features to demonstrate concepts and ideas.
- Support software platform deployments.
- Produce/update software process documentation.
- Investigate and deploy new software development tools to support software development.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Strong academic background i.e., bachelor’s level in degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar.
- System level thinker who can quickly understand and solve complex technical problems.
- Demonstrable commercial big data engineering experience.
- Experience of applying object-oriented design principles.
- Strong Python experience.
- Strong experience with Big Data such as Spark/Glue/DataBricks
- Keen to utilise up-to-date software development practices.
It would also be great if you had experience in:
- DevOps platforms such as Azure DevOps etc
- DevOps delivery experience including the use of automation tools and containerisation to deliver CI/CD pipelines.
- Build tools and scripting experience in YAML, Bash, PowerShell etc
- Commercial experience using CDK, Cloud Formation or SAM, AWS Step Function, Azure pipelines, CGP.
- Object oriented development experience
- Experience with Agile project management tools such as Jira, Azure Boards etc
- Commercial experience of monitoring, maintaining, and scaling AWS hosted infrastructure
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience of test-driven development.
- Experience of developing and applying automated tests.
- Experience of utilising a continuous integration approach to software development.
- Experience of software containers e.g., Docker.
- Experience of working with mobile application developers and integrating mobile applications with web services.
- Experience of applying UML to describe software designs.
- Experience of integrating software and hardware.
- Comfortable working with different software processes.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please read Accenture’s Recruiting and Hiring Statement for more information on how we process your data during the Recruiting and Hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.