- Providing production support for a specific application or group of applications. Activities include problem analysis, fixing, testing and releasing to the production environment.
- Ensuring that all change control documentation is completed and signed off prior to releasing the code to the production environment.
- Displaying a moderate to extensive proficiency level of the programming languages and tools used in their area (C, COBOL, Foundation, MVS, CICS and SQL. Visual Basic would be an advantage).
- Coding, testing and documenting new moderate to complex programs.
- Ensuring the finished product meets the design objectives and any other appropriate criteria associated with the original request.
- Ensuring that a minimal number of SIRS are logged against the task in the testing environments.
- Ensuring that there are no comebacks once the code has been released into the production environment.
- Analyzing, evaluating and debuging existing moderate to complex programs. I.e. Maintaining existing programs.
- Executing test plans and verifying results I.e unit testing programes.
- Investigating and resolving comebacks.
- Working with users to define program and system requirements as directed by supervisor.
- Supporting the testing team when the new / changed code is being tested.
- Resolve SIRS which are logged in the testing environments.
- Preparing complete system documentation in the design, programming and testing phases of the system development lifecycle.
- Developing detailed program specifications to meet business requirements.
- Review code changes, work, results etc. of their team members.
- Assisting with the preparation and execution of pilot system testing and data conversion.
- Ensuring that they follow procedures and that their team members for procedures as well.
- Assisting with the data preparation for implementation of new departments.
- Assisting with developing procedures and manuals.
- Working effectively as part of a team and seeks to support the team’s goals.
- Identify and resolve data integrity issues. This includes fixing the data correctly the first time.
- Completing data fix documentation and ensuring that when the documentation is signed off the data has been corrected according to the data fix documentation.
- Ensuring correctness of own work prior to reporting on completion to the supervisor.
- Ensuring correctness of team members work prior to reporting on completion to the supervisor.
- Understands overall team workload and focus ensuring assistance is provided to fellow team members where possible.
- Reporting weekly status to the relevant team leaders by 14:00 every Friday afternoon. Identifying problems and bringing them to supervisors attention with sufficient lead time to avert crises. Also identifying changes in scope or work effort that could result in budgetary overrun or the missing of delivery dates.
- Informal daily feedback on status of tasks assigned to both the individual and his / her team members.
- Broadening own technical, functional and industry skill base (Microsoft office etc.).
- Engaging in formal or informal knowledge transfer.
- Provide a quality service to the client.
- Understand client’s business needs.
- Prioritise own workload as well as the workload of their team members within the boundaries as set by their supervisor.
- Working knowledge of one medium / large sized functional area (alternately working knowledge of multiple small functional areas).
- Identify and act upon areas of continuous improvement.
- Reporting weekly turnarounds to supervisor by 8:30 on Monday mornings.
OTHER FEATURES OF THE JOB (e.g., location, travelling, shift hours, etc.):
- Open plan office
- Overtime when required
- Standby for batch runs when required
- Assistance to individuals on standby within own team
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of the technical environment (i.e. products used by Application Maintenance)
- IBM Mainframe / MVS / CICS
- WIN NT/95/98
- MS Office
- Foundation (FCP)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Visual basic would be an advantage (to assist with the maintenance of iRequest / FPT)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good supervisory skills
Appropriate and recognized formal qualification
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please read Accenture’s Recruiting and Hiring Statement for more information on how we process your data during the Recruiting and Hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.