Purpose of the Job:
Manage procurement functions with the clients. Responsible for stakeholder engagement, sourcing pipeline development/execution, business case development, focused on savings to the client and reduction in speed to source. Manage projects requiring a combination of strategic category development, opportunity assessment, sourcing pipeline development and strategic sourcing. Administer engagement of all teams, including global expertise, sourcing utility resource and shared service coordination..
The role includes some or all of the following key responsibilities.
- Work within and outside documented processes where appropriate applying judgment based services to deliver client value
- Formulate procurement policies, strategies and lead implementation
- Establish self as category expert where appropriate and create the interface between the global expertise teams and client delivery teams
- Work on strategic plans to improve speed to source and client satisfaction and focus on savings execution through spend management and compliance management.
- Manage and measure supplier risk. Maintain category ownership and category business plans.
- Drive procurement sourcing savings identification, savings execution and build pipeline
- Create credential and case study material that can be leveraged by multi-client delivery and sales teams. Ensure collaterals support sales process and improve client delivery capability.
- Establish team resource and skills requirements working with Client Service Team/Service Delivery Team, agree on deliverables, savings targets, service levels, sourcing Pipeline and other required operating metrics and scope
- Work with delivery leads to ensure that procurement services are delivered in accordance with contractual/service level obligations
- Serve as a business consultant to clients; maximize the impact of new business initiatives and carefully translate into a positive result for the client.
- Engage client stakeholder group and Accenture global expertise team as appropriate ensuring Accenture capability is demonstrated to client and benefits delivered within category are maximized
- Assess viability of project and set customer expectations given Accenture's experience and current market conditions.
- Interface customer stakeholders to kickoff any sourcing effort, including facilitating initial data gathering and scoping of project for the delivery organization
- Work as subject matter expert and key stakeholder lead along with Accenture operations team to execute the sourcing project. Key activities include approving supplier lists, reviewing and offering category guidance for all RFx documents, reviewing data completeness and go-to-market strategies, and interpreting results
- Measure performance versus contract terms and report back to key customer stakeholders, including finance
- Ensures that all deliverables meet customer contract terms and are delivered to exceed margin targets for the account or project
- Review operational results and identify opportunities for process/policy changes to drive additional savings and improve overall results
- Coordinate and respond to sales support requests for case studies and credentials as necessary
- Assists Global Category Director or Regional Category Lead in development of standard category collateral for marketing or operational purposes
- Establish, maintain and manage relationship between customer and supplier
- Implement and support enforcement of buying and contracting processes
- Define and manage contractual and supplier relationships
- Effectively raise issues/concerns proactively and present options for resolution
- Leverage on Category Knowledge team to monitor category trends and conduct market research as needed to be incorporated into Sourcing Strategy and Category Plans
- Accountable for contract management process on behalf of the customers for all commodities as required by the scope of work.
- Negotiate contracts and executes them within parameters set forth in customers' Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Drive savings on behalf of our customers by conducting opportunity assessments/ risk analysis/ Return on Investment(ROI) analysis by utilizing Accenture's category experience
- Develop spend and savings forecasts for categories under management.
- Understand customers' procurement policies and work towards improving compliance of end users.
- Manage and develop supply base of assigned commodities with detailed knowledge of supplier capabilities.
- Direct a variety of sourcing objectives including manual negotiations, traditional Request for Proposal (RFP) and various online sourcing opportunities (including competitive bids and complex downward auctions)
- Review operational results and identify opportunities for process changes and additional spend savings
- Refine current sourcing strategy and recommend suggestions for improvement
- Define sourcing (buying) and contracting process, recommend to and obtain approval from the Accenture customer
- Formulate procurement and category-specific policies and lead implementation
- Partner with the Global Category Directors to develop and execute category strategy
- Design supplier and user compliance management program, recommend policies and procedures, as well as implementation and performance tracking program
- Define accountability for compliance tracking, Analysis and Reporting, and customer participation
- Perform operational reviews on contract performance and spending for categories
- Analyze spend
- Develop supplier evaluation and selection criteria as part of agreed procurement strategy
- Coordinate and respond to sales support requests as necessary
- Identify and evaluate incumbent and potential suppliers by applying established evaluation and selection criteria
- Manage all negotiation and contract development processes
- Establish communication plan with stakeholders in each category supported, including Program Sponsors (Includes Department Leadership, Managers and Individual Contributors)
- Act as Procurement Expert to guide discussions with stakeholders on program goals, plans and projects
- Liaison with multiple departments (Category, Procurement, Legal, Operations) to ensure communication paths remain open
- Work with global expertise team and client stakeholders to define the overall sourcing strategy by category and/or project, based on customer expectations, market analysis and category expertise as well as oversee the execution of delivery when applicable
Education, Qualifications, Experience Necessary:
The following qualifications and skills would be recommended:
- Undergraduate qualification - Supply Chain Management
- Computer literate – usage of all Microsoft Office products
- Mining industry exposure