Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Outsourcing and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Outsourcing professionals work on projects across a range of business processes, business applications and information technology. They may provide technology services, such as application management, infrastructure management and systems integration, or they may deliver business process outsourcing services, including finance and accounting, procurement and human resources. Depending on the role, Outsourcing professionals may be based at a client’s office or in one of Accenture’s 50 delivery centers around the world.
Software Engineering professionals work across the Service Delivery Lifecycle to analyze, design, build, test, implement and/or maintain multiple system components or applications for Accenture or our clients.
Purpose of the Job:
Programmer for the Accenture Outsourcing Project
Good programming and analytical skills:
- To code, debug and unit test simple to moderate programs. This includes new development or modifications to existing programs on the Basic Accounting System (BAS)
- Compiling designs for simple programs
- Acquire a moderate proficiency of Cobol, SQL and C used on BAS
- Investigation of user requests to determine and correct the root cause of incidents
Able to deliver and interpret documentation:
- Prepare complete system documentation in the design, programming, testing and release phases of the system development life cycle.
- Provide documentation support to project team, including maintenance of technical documentation, user manuals, and training materials.
Good team player:
- Able to complete tasks according to the prescribed quality standards within the set budget and/or schedule
- Work effectively as part of a team and seek to support the team's goals
- Deliver the required deliverables, as per applicable task assigned
Good Communication skills:
- Able to understand and comply with oral and written instructions, as well as oral and written communication with supervisor/team leader and/or relevant stakeholders
- Able to effectively manage own time and prioritize own work
- Provide proper and timely feedback to supervisor. This includes requesting assistance when needed
- Apply the 15-minute rule when solving problems, this means that if a problem is not solved within 15 minutes, the supervisor should be involved to provide guidelines
- Problems should be identified and escalated to the supervisor with sufficient lead-time to avert crises, this includes communication when the target date is not met or when the risk of not meeting the target date exists
- Report weekly status to the relevant team leaders. Identify problems and bring them to the supervisor's attention with sufficient lead-time to avert crises
- Also identify changes in scope or work effort that could result in budgetary overrun or the missing of delivery dates
- Able to acquire new skills in reasonable time scales
- Broaden own technical, (Cobol, MVS, C, Client/Server) and industry (Government) skill base
- Engage in formal or informal knowledge transfer
- Knowledge of Government policy and procedures for Finance related to Functional Areas or ability to acquire such knowledge within reasonable time
Support Standards and procedures:
- Perform related work as per Client's IT and Operations Standards
- Have a detailed understanding of Application Maintenance procedures and System Development Life Cycle
- Adhere to policies, procedures and standards (BAS, Accenture & National Treasury)
The main purpose of the successful applicant will be to operate as a Programmer and perform programming activities relating to day-to-day changes as requested by the BAS users. Depending on the project requirements, the successful applicant could be required to perform project related tasks other than those mentioned below.
- Display an attitude of innovation
- Dedicated and committed to achieving results
- Able to adapt to change quickly
- Convey a professional image