The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has awarded Accenture two domain areas on the CDC Information Management Services (CIMS) 10-year multi-award indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract. The CIMS contract provides a broad range of information technology services to support the global health mission of the CDC.
Key contract objectives are:
- Ensure rigorous and fair competition initially and continuously.
- Contribute favorably to CDC’s small business contracting goals.
- Provide a comprehensive performance and solutions-based contract.
- Contribute to the achievement of CDC’s program goals and CDC’s IT Strategic Plan.
- Ensure related and interdependent functions and disciplines are covered in the contract services.
- Provide world-wide, secure, and 24/7 information management and IT infrastructure service and support coverage as needed.
- Ensure CDC has ongoing timely, high quality, cost effective, efficient, innovative, and comprehensive IT and management consulting contractual services as needed leveraging industry best practices and professional standards.
ServicesAccenture has been awarded to provide services in two domains:
Information Management—planning, design, development, maintenance, engineering, integration and retirement of information systems:
- Requirements gathering, analysis, system prototyping, conversion, implementation, user education and training, development of user guides, change control, system testing, systems security controls, system documentation and quality assurance.
- Collection, analysis, transformation, dissemination, visualization and management of data, information and knowledge in all forms and media.
- Includes data standards development, health IT, public health informatics, decision support, data modeling, interoperability services, health information exchanges, service-oriented architecture, graphics and web design, technical writing and editing and data entry.
- Software process improvement, information security, modeling and simulation, IV&V, security and privacy assessment and monitoring and project and program management.
IT Infrastructure—support IT infrastructure programs and activities:
- Help desk services including call-center and desk-side support; installation, management and support of commercial and open source hardware and software products supporting office, laboratory and mobile workers.
- Design, installation, management and support of networks including network operations, telecommunications equipment, LAN/WAN/MAN equipment, circuits, telephone systems; design, installation, management and support of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, MOSS SharePoint, Systems Management Server, Symantec Antivirus infrastructure, Citrix remote access infrastructure, desktop virtualization infrastructure and VPN.
- Design, installation, management and support of datacenter operations including data storage, archiving, backup, application hosting, cloud services, grid computing, server virtualization and disaster recovery services.
Design, installation, management and support of information security systems including intrusion detection, penetration testing, firewall engineering, systems certification and accreditation.
- Design, installation, management and support of conferencing services including videoconferencing, Web conferencing, teleconferencing and audio-visual systems.
About the contract
Contract Number: 200-2010-37186
Period of Performance: September 30, 2010 - September 29, 2020
Who is Eligible: U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
Vehicle Type: Agency-Specific IDIQ
Award Type: Multi-award
Contracting Agency: CDC
Accenture Role: Prime
Subcontractors: Issued under individual task orders
Task Order Types: Firm Fixed Price, Time & Material, Labor Hour
CDC CIMS Sales Originator & Teaming Partner Coordinator:
+1 571 414 5348
+1 703 947 5091