The primary function of the SOC Analyst is to defend corporate networks from advanced and targeted attacks by providing threat monitoring and cyber defense services. You will work with a dedicated SOC Operations team that provides 24x7x365 support—with a focus on threat identification, incident response, cyber threat intelligence infusion, and mitigations—to ensure defensive resiliency. Daily activities will include analysis of network logs, processing of mitigations, determination and escalation of threat, as well as maintaining the defensive state of detection and alerting capabilities. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively in a team environment with various touchpoints and handoffs.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center or similar environment providing threat monitoring, intrusion detection, analysis, threat determination, mitigations processing and tracking.
- Familiarity with enterprise network topology and architecture.
- Experience triaging threats derived from various intakes to include security technology alerts, user reported tickets, and other internal teams across security, technology, and business units.
- Experience working with various network and system security technologies to include SIEM, data analytics platforms, end-point tools, network technologies and appliances, etc.
- Experience working across organizational lines of business to implement mitigations, remediations, and countermeasures resulting from cyber threat intrusions.
- Knowledge of the cyber threat landscape to include different types of adversaries, campaigns, and the motivations that drive them.
- Previous experience working with and documenting analysis results in a knowledge, intelligence, and/or case management system.
- Knowledge of industry recognized analysis frameworks (Diamond Model, Kill Chain, NIST Incident Response, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication with experience briefing corporate executives and technical professionals.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Authorized to work in the United States and willing to undergo a background check.
- Willing to travel 25-50% to US domestic locations.
- Relevant certifications (Security +, CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GISF, GCED, GMON, etc.).
- Previous experience working in IT Operations or Network Operations support.
- Hands on experience working with Incident Response and Cyber Threat Intelligence functions.
- Previous experience working with analysis techniques, identifying indicators of compromise, threat hunting, and identification of intrusions and potential incidents.
- Previous experience working with network tools and technologies such as firewall (FW), proxies, IPS/IDS devices, full packet capture (FPC), and email platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsAL - Birmingham,AR - Bentonville,AZ - Phoenix,AZ - Scottsdale,CA - El Segundo,CA - Irvine,CA - Los Angeles,CA - Norwalk,CA - Oakland,CA - Pleasanton,CA - Rancho Cordova,CA - Redwood City,CA - Sacramento,CA - San Diego,CA - San Francisco,CA - San Jose,CA - Walnut Creek,CO - Denver,CO - Fort Collins,CT - Hartford,DC - Washington,DE - Wilmington,FL - Miami,FL - Orlando,FL - St. Petersburg,FL - Tallahassee,GA - Atlanta,HI - Honolulu,IA - Des Moines,IA - Jefferson,ID - Boise,IL - Bloomington,IL - Chicago,IL - Peoria,IN - Indianapolis,KS - Overland Park,LA - Metairie,MA - Boston,MA - Cambridge,MA - Framingham,MA - Somerville,MD - Annapolis,MD - Bethesda,MD - Windsor Mill,MI - Ann Arbor,MI - Detroit,MI - Lansing,MI - Midland,MI - Troy,MI - Wixom,MN - Edina,MN - Minneapolis,MO - Joplin,MO - St. Louis,NC - Charlotte,NC - Raleigh,NJ - Bridgewater,NJ - Camden,NJ - Edison,NJ - Ewing,NJ - Florham Park,NJ - Pennington,NJ - Princeton,NM - Albuquerque,NV - Reno,NY - Albany,NY - Melville,NY - New York,OH - Beavercreek,OH - Cincinnati,OH - Cleveland,OH - Columbus,OH - Whitehall,OK - Oklahoma City,OR - Albany,OR - Portland,PA - Berwyn,PA - Collegeville,PA - Philadelphia,PA - Pittsburgh,PA - Wayne,RI - Cranston,TN - Louisville,TN - Nashville,TX - Austin,TX - Dallas,TX - Frisco,TX - Houston,TX - Irving,TX - Plano,TX - San Antonio,UT - Salt Lake City,VA - Arlington,VA - Ashburn,VA - Chantilly,VA - Chesapeake,VA - Herndon,VA - Richmond,WA - Kirkland,WA - Redmond,WA - Seattle,WI - Milwaukee
Related Jobs Near You
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.