Accenture Security delivers continuous, rapid-fire innovation and new business capabilities that meet and re-define the needs of the digital era. You’ll help our clients—including 94 of the Fortune 100 and governments around the world—transform their technology infrastructures using resources that range from cloud, data centers and workplace to networks, security, and managed services.
The Data Protection Consultant is required to deliver Accenture's security offerings related to information security with a focus on data discovery, encryption, key management, data privacy, data loss prevention, and other data security related initiatives.
The Work (Key Responsibilities):
- Proactively lead, manage, and contribute to individual data security delivery workstreams around various data security capabilities (data privacy, discovery, encryption, data loss prevention, etc.)
- Provide expert advice and training on data security best practices, capabilities, and controls
- Manage project clients and stakeholders
- Manage project risks and client expectations
- Contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Lead, train, and manage junior security analysts
- Contribute to data security proposal development and sales/marketing collateral
- Create, manage, and complete deliverables, accelerators, and other project workstream content (status updates, runbooks, etc.) within Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Work creatively and analytically to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
The Skills (Basic Qualifications):
- Minimum 2 years of experience with data security experience designing, implementing, and delivering solutions involving data encryption, key management, data discovery, data protection, privacy, or other data security related capabilities
- Minimum 2 years of experience with data security vendors such as Voltage, Vormetric, Informatica, Protegrity, CipherCloud, Symantec, Digital Guardian, Thales, BigID, IBM Guardium, Imperva, Varonis, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with related to at least two of the following frameworks: PCI, GAPP, GDPR, SWIFT, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, NIST, ISO, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the creation of deliverables, accelerators, proposals, and business development content within Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
Bonus Points (Preferred Qualifications):
- Security professional certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPM, CIPP or ISO 27001
- Recognized technical cloud certifications (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Privacy Regulation experience such as GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Experience working for the Big 4 or Global Solution Integrator is highly desired
- College degree
As required by Colorado law under the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $112,000 - $134,000 and information on benefits offered is here.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsAZ - Phoenix,CA - Los Angeles,CA - Sacramento,CA - San Diego,CA - San Francisco,CA - San Jose,CA - Walnut Creek,CO - Denver,CT - Hartford,FL - Miami,FL - St. Petersburg,GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,IN - Indianapolis,KS - Overland Park,MA - Boston,MI - Detroit,MN - Minneapolis,MO - St. Louis,NC - Charlotte,NC - Raleigh,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,OH - Cincinnati,OH - Cleveland,PA - Philadelphia,PA - Pittsburgh,TX - Austin,TX - Houston,TX - Irving,VA - Arlington,WA - Seattle,WI - Milwaukee
AWS Application Developer Senior Architect - REMOTE - Location Negotiable
Posted 1 day ago
Penetration Tester - Location Negotiable
Posted 2 days ago
IR Readiness Consultant - location negotiable
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.