Position: Technology Strategy Manager
Location: New York, Florham Park, Boston, Hartford, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
We are Technology Strategy and Advisory. Our vision is to become the world’s leading advisors in harnessing technology and innovation as a force to reinvent and improve every business. Our mission is help client business executives disrupt their industry and utilize technology to capture market share.
Technology Strategy leverages deep business and technology domain expertise empowering clients to be more competitive while unlocking value and driving profitable growth. The C-suite must position technology as a differentiator to stay agile in a world dominated by change. New business architectures break away from old ways of doing things, driving agility to compete and grow in the new. Accenture Technology Strategy enables leaders to act quickly and confidently as they pivot to the future. We develop new capabilities across applied intelligence, data and analytics, blockchain, robotics, internet of things and cyber resilience at speed and scale.
A technology domain expert with extensive experience in technology-led business strategies with leadership skills to spare. Your expertise? Advising clients on technology strategies to achieve their vision and operational goals. You have an abundance of energy and drive, resilience, and a passion for collaborating with senior executives. You love continual learning and are intrigued by new challenges. You have a flair for breaking down complex issues into logical parts and constructing analyses driving actionable recommendations. You’ve got top notch communication and people skills and a natural talent for appreciating diverse perspectives and bringing out the best in teams. You have a strong aspiration for growing your career.
In Technology Strategy you will:
- Serve as trusted advisor to the C-suite defining strategy at the intersection of both technology and business
- Articulate a compelling technology vision with industry and functional expertise
- Shape the role of technology in business strategies to capture market share
- Identify and prioritize value creation opportunities based on detailed assessment and analysis of current technology footprint
- Drive strategic opportunities which incorporate innovative technology solutions into broader business transformations
- Develop operating models and business cases leveraging disruptive technologies
- Lead the creation of well-articulated thought leadership assets that present innovative insight, knowledge, guidance, and recommendations on a specific market-relevant technology strategy
As a Manager you will:
- Manage a single project or major workstream, driving overall team deliverables while supervising and mentoring team members
- Build strong relationships with senior clients that go beyond the workplace, including beginning to develop C-suite relationships; drive a spirit of collaboration and teaming with client while serving as a true trusted advisor
- Drive +1 thought leadership, asset development, and intellectual capital efforts with targeted input from more senior resources; identify and advance ideas for new opportunities
- Support Business Development, building understanding of how to architect and position proposals and SOWs
- Facilitate to drive results and gain consensus for action; able to address difficult client conversations and engage senior client stakeholders to drive meaningful outcomes
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Here’s What You Need:
- Minimum 1 year of strategy consulting experience at a consulting firm
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in at least one of the following: operating model strategy, technology in M&A, ZBT, or technology driven revenue growth strategy
- Minimum 5 years of experience writing business cases
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading or managing small teams effectively including planning/structuring analytical work, facilitating team workshops, and developing technology strategy recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree
Bonus Points if:
- You have an MBA or equivalent graduate degree
- You have broad, diverse experience and knowledge of major technologies (legacy to emerging)
- You have shown critical thinking, ability to question decisions and provide creative solutions
- You can manage junior members of the team and can groom them for more responsibility
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills to manage relationships with clients
- You have strong presentation skills: ability to synthesize information and the ability to bring a message forward
- You have the ability to create and drive executive messaging
- You lead in driving insights and recommendations using data models and visualization tools, demonstrated advanced research skills
- You can develop practical roadmaps that support the enabling of technology transformation
- You can manage a variety of projects with increased complexity
- You have developed project management abilities and have reported and escalated on time to managerial level
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $111,000 - $213,500 and information on benefits offered is here.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsCT - Hartford,MA - Boston,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia,PA - Pittsburgh
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.