Database Administration Manager (Accenture LLP; Florham Park, NJ): Accenture LLP has multiple openings for the position of Database Administration Manager in Florham Park, NJ, and the job duties are as follows:
- Lead a task force to develop and implement set of cloud and on-prem databases that addresses current and future business needs.
- Lead configuration and monitoring of cloud components including access management, security, automated monitoring, and performance management.
- Developing and implementing data models and logical database designs. Oversee the design, and tune, maintain, and support database systems for high available, high-volume internet applications.
- Work closely with the development and testing teams and support the activities of principle engineers, developers, and software testers for new application deployment and sustained engineering of existing applications.
- Work with the data compliance, network, and security teams to ensure database adherence to standards.
- Manage and test backup and recovery plans and improve disaster recovery plans.
- Communicate and understand impact of database changes and status to affected parties and design appropriate solutions.
- Provide updates in database technologies and trends.
- Developing database technology standards and associated documentation.
Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Applications, Engineering, or related field, plus 5 years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in the IT consulting industry.
Must have 5 years of experience in each of the following:
- Database instantiation and administration;
- Database capacity planning and configuration;
- Database monitoring, including automated alerting and recovery;
- Data Modeling and Database Design;
- Database Migration, Backups, and Recovery; and
- Performance tuning and optimization.
Must have 2 years of experience in each of the following:
- Cloud Database Configuration including Autoscaling, Memory, and Space Optimization, and Security and Access Management; and
- Working on infrastructure elements, including compute, storage, networking, and database on a public cloud platform.
Must have willingness and ability to travel domestically approximately 80% of the time to meet client needs.
To apply, please click the ‘APPLY’ button.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.