Accenture Song accelerates growth and value for our clients through sustained customer relevance. Our capabilities span ideation to execution: growth, product and experience design; technology and experience platforms; creative, media and marketing strategy; and campaign, content and channel orchestration. With strong client relationships and deep industry expertise, we help our clients operate at the speed of life through the unlimited potential of imagination, technology and intelligence.
Accenture Song's Growth and Business Design practice, helps catapult growth for clients with a proven, customizable, scalable and repeatable solution. We are a collective of radical outsiders who have built and scaled companies across sectors and around the world. We’re entrepreneurs, investors, futurists, and makers focused on igniting and building growth within large companies.
Enterprises are skilled at making big businesses even bigger. Entrepreneurs and early-stage investors, on the other hand, are skilled at discovering new opportunities and turning them into big businesses. We’ve combined the best of both worlds, introducing enterprises to the methodology, tools, and systems of entrepreneurship and venture capital. We call this the Growth Operating System.
We believe that growth revolutions start with unlocking the creativity and potential of people. With a clear sense of purpose and the right tools, the people that power the world’s greatest companies are able to discover and build the future at scale.
About the role:
As the Competitive Strategy Director on our Recon (short for Reconnaissance) team, you have two missions: (1) Competitive Landscape Research and (2) Market Sizing & Structural Analysis.
Mission One (i.e., Competitive Landscape Research) is to understand the competitors in a field and create useful frameworks to compare and judge their performance over time. To put it simply, you accomplish this by reading a lot and asking a lot of questions.
Mission Two (i.e., Market Sizing & Structural Analysis) is to help our enterprise partner’s startups show the art of the possible (i.e., a ‘what if’ story grounded in reality) about the markets they are choosing to enter. You accomplish this by being able to find, create, sort, and analyze data from the present and past in utilization of telling a story about future possible disruption.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead client meetings and working sessions with stakeholders at all levels of enterprise organizations
- Be an important contributor to a team-based approach to understanding trends, creating analyses, and generating insights about various startup ideas
- Scan the competitive and industry landscape to aid development of new products and services
- Deliver presentations to key client stakeholders based on competitive and industry dynamics, and the interplay between these elements.
- Be working across all levels of the business and so will need to establish trusting and collaborative relationships with a wide variety of peers, internal stakeholders, senior executives, and key individuals within external partners (and potential partners)
The ideal candidate is highly organized, intellectually curious, a bookworm, a self-starter, adept at market research and financial analysis and eager to take on new challenges.
- 7+ years of experience in investment management or banking, health care, management consulting, private equity, or venture capital.
- 3+ years of experience in researching and analyzing complex issues, including an ability to synthesize and summarize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue
- 3+ years of experience utilizing quantitative and qualitative research skills, including ability to draft interview guides, execute studies, and produce syntheses of key findings
- Creative, strategic thinker with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent customer and client service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, especially Excel
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to develop materials and effectively present to a wide range of audiences
- Executive presence: ability to speak authoritatively to senior stakeholders, ability to command a room and facilitate group working sessions
- Strong work ethic and capacity to work both independently and in a collaborative work environment
As required by Colorado law under the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $73,764 to $170,100 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Other Employment Statements