Data Engineering Manager (Accenture LLP; San Diego, CA): Accenture LLP has multiple openings for the position of Data Engineering Manager in San Diego, CA, and the job duties are as follows:
- Manage and oversee a team of data professional employees in the U.S., including Associate Managers, Systems Analysts, and Senior ETL Developers.
- Assign work and work schedules, and monitor the completion of teams core duties, responsibilities, assignments, and projects.
- Exercise exclusive control and authority over approving all work product of all members on the team.
- Exercise full discretionary authority over planning, staffing, execution of the project, and oversight.
- Direct coordination and consultation with internal senior management on project risks, concerns, and financials.
- Build analytical systems from the ground up, which includes providing architectural directions, translating business issues into specific requirements to develop analytic solutions, and identifying appropriate data to support the solutions.
- Conduct feasibility study, capacity planning, and process redesign/re-engineering of complex integration solution.
Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Applications, Engineering, or a related field, plus 5 years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in the IT consulting industry.
Must Have 3 years experience in each of the following:
- Utilizing Java and Groovy;
- Utilizing Elasticsearch; and
- Utilizing Apache Solr.
Must have 2 years of experience in utilizing ETL Tools, including processing of unstructured content extracted from Content Management Systems and loaded into Search Engines.
Must have 1 year of experience in each of the following:
- Managing, designing, and developing large scale solutions across multiple data sources;
- Capacity planning, process redesign, and re-engineering of complex integration solution;
- Utilizing MongoDB;
- Utilizing Python; and
- Utilizing Agile delivery methodologies in translating business and functional requirements into technical designs.
Must have willingness and ability to travel domestically approximately 80% of the time to meet client needs.
To apply, please click the ‘APPLY’ button.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.