Accenture Security helps organizations prepare, protect, detect, respond and recover along all points of the security lifecycle. Cybersecurity challenges are different for every business in every industry. Leveraging our global resources and advanced technologies, we create integrated, turnkey solutions tailored to our clients’ needs across their entire value chain. Whether we’re defending against known cyberattacks, detecting and responding to the unknown, or running an entire security operations center, we will help companies build cyber resilience to grow with confidence. Our team of the security sector’s brightest people use the coolest tech to out-hack the hackers and help clients build resilience from within. We blend risk strategy, digital identity, cyber defense, application security and managed service solutions to rethink the entire security lifecycle.
A cyber security savant. You’ve got the skills and experience to keep data safe from black hat hackers or other threats, whether by coding a threat intrusion module or sharing your latest ideas with the team. Day-to-day, you’re all about solving security problems for clients and using your people skills to make sure everyone on your team is working well and happily.
· Investigate attacks against customer networks.
· Analyze log data, network traffic and/or alerts generated by a variety of security technologies in real-time; escalate and explain validated security incidents to customers.
· Write up security incident reports detailing the threat, its characteristics, and possible remediation activities.
· Review and tune detections as needed.
· Identify opportunities for automating incidents and assist the analysis team in automation efforts.
· Identify areas for improvement and contribute towards positive change.
· Research new threats and ensure appropriate detection capabilities are in place to identify and respond to these threats.
· Routinely review security incidents and other customer deliverables for adherence to the established procedures and guidelines. Document, rectify, and provide feedback to other analysts as necessary.
· Mentor and train other analysts.
· Ensure the quality and timeliness of the security incident detection and classification service.
· Ensure standards and procedures are adhered to within defined SLA’s.
· Articulate security issues to customers, both verbally and written.
· Strong Understanding of current vulnerabilities, attacker TTPs, and countermeasures.
· Developing knowledge of security technologies, cyber-attacks and vulnerabilities.
· Identify opportunities for process improvement and take action with the team’s support.
· Work within a 24x7x365 team to further support the timely delivery of monitoring services and support across multiple customers.
· Participate in on-call efforts on a rotational basis.
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Here’s What You Need
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an operational environment, with customer-facing responsibilities.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an information/cyber security role – ideally focused on intrusion detection/security monitoring and analysis.
· Minimum of 2-year experience understanding of the cyber security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent vulnerabilities, threats, attack methods, and infection vectors.
· Minimum of 2- year experience in computer networking, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols.
· Minimum of 2- year experience in computer forensics and incident response with a strong understanding of the cyber kill chain.
· Minimum 2- year experience retrieving information and generating reports using SQL.
· Minimum of 2 year with one or more of the following certifications: SANS GCIA, SANS GCFA, SABS GCFE, OSCP.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience. (If Associate’s Degree, must have minimum 6 years work experience)
As required by Colorado law under the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is 112k to 135k and information on benefits offered is here.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.