Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture Interactive, we’re able to do work that changes the world and Fjord is always looking for kindred spirits. Digital is no longer the centerpiece of brand experience; the emphasis is shifting onto how best to use it as an invisible enabler of physical and sensory experiences. As interactions with users evolve from periodic engagements via a screen to consistent, connected experiences, organizations must create new services that are deeply integrated in the physical world.
We are a family of Fjordians, our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
At Fjord, Service & Interaction Design are at the heart of our design process. Our Service and Interaction Designers are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers and deep interaction specialists who envision and craft experiences from service design to digital product creation.
The Senior Interaction Designer leads interaction design activities on projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, and interaction design definition. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
Unleash the Fjordian inside because you are…
- Naturally engaging people at a deep level whether observing or interviewing customers, working with fellow team members, clients and channeling the inner creative
- A visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
- Ready to collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business creating service at scale
- Passionate about creating experiences that fuse physical and digital through research, analytics, design and delivery
A professional in this position, at this level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Lead Interaction Design activities on projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, and interaction design definitions.
- Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to more junior members of the team.
- Manage all Interaction Design activities at the project level.
- Own all Interaction Design deliverables. Evaluate output of other interaction designers to ensure quality of design work.
- Frame and tell the story of design solutions. Present the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Be a Fjord ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
These are the minimum requirements for an aspirant to be considered for the position applying to:
- 6+ years’ experience of Interaction Design across varied users, business problems, and devices
- 4+ year of experience planning, designing, facilitating, and synthesizing workshops
- 3+ years' experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes.
- 3+ years creating experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- 3+ years' experience with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
- 3+ years' requirements gathering and communication between all design teams, workstreams and clients
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with applying user-centered design processes.
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design.
- Ability to create experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $83,200 - $134,999 and information on benefits offered is here.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.