We are a global collective of innovators applying the New every day to improve the way the world works and lives. Help us show the world what’s possible as you partner with clients to unlock hidden value and deliver innovative solutions. Empowered with innovative tools, continuous learning and a global community of diverse talent and perspectives, we drive success in a new business architecture that disrupts conventional practices. Our expertise spans 40+ industries across 120+ countries and impacts millions of lives every day. We turn ideas into reality.
Accenture Security helps organizations prepare, protect, detect, respond and recover along all points of the security lifecycle. Cybersecurity challenges are different for every business in every industry. Leveraging our global resources and advanced technologies, we create integrated, turnkey solutions tailored to our clients’ needs across their entire value chain. Whether we’re defending against known cyberattacks, detecting and responding to the unknown, or running an entire security operations center, we will help companies build cyber resilience to grow with confidence. Our team of the security sector’s brightest people use the coolest tech to out-hack the hackers and help clients build resilience from within. We blend risk strategy, digital identity, cyber defense, application security and managed service solutions to rethink the entire security lifecycle.
We are currently looking for professionals for our Managed Detection & Response “MDR” practice with extensive experience in the following:
Job Description for AWS Cloud Principal Software Engineer
You will be solving deep technical problems and building creative solutions in a dynamic environment working with knowledgeable and passionate SDE's. You are experienced building for the cloud – designing for five 9s, globally distributed all-active deployments, horizontal scalability, fault tolerance, and more. You are motivated by learning, evaluating, and deploying new technologies. Our services are deployed in an Amazon Web Services environment, and so you will be working hands on with many AWS components. You thrive in true-agile, highly paced, production facing environment. You have a low tolerance for mediocrity. You love to write code and build extraordinary things.
We are looking for coders, people who love to code, just like we do! You should be energetic, confident, and ready to contribute in many areas of the software development lifecycle. You may be involved in all the aspects from research, design, specs, coding, and bug fixing. Our team focus is on writing dependable code and getting high quality products and services to market as quick as possible.
- Minimum 5 years coding knowledge and experience with multiple languages; for example Java, Scala, C#, or Python
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience with object oriented methodologies, unit testing and TDD
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of writing scripts in Python, PowerShell or Bash
- Minimum 3 years of experience building AWS cloud native services using EC2, S3, ECS, SQS, API Gateway, Lambda, etc. Experience with AWS data analytics and processing services a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with `infrastructure as code` and using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical knowledge
- Highly skilled in the reuse of, extension of, and refactoring of software.
- Experience in building highly-available (HA) production-grade solutions in AWS.
- Successfully developed for large scale distributed systems and reliable, fault tolerant software.
- Understanding of and hands-on experience with the principles of designing and building production quality REST APIs.
- Practical experience with Linux/Unix system administration, monitoring tools and troubleshooting.
- CICV, CICD, Automation (Terraform a plus)
- Experience designing/implementing high performance Web services using SOA/REST/Microservices
- Experience in the design/build/maintenance/refactor of large scale low latency high performance systems
- Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in existing highly complex applications and architectures
- Extensive knowledge with high volume distributed application development in cloud environment
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills, particularly in both production and non-production networks.
- Experience using Agile methodologies, TDD, Code review, clear and concise documentation
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Strong analytic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Uncommon ability and motivation to tackle problems and learn fast
- Ability to perform at a high level within a technical team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Distributed teamwork
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $122,700 - $153,000 and information on benefits offered is here.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience. (If Associate’s Degree, must have minimum 6 years work experience)
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.