We are Industry X: We embed innovation, intelligence and sustainability in the way the world makes things and the things it makes. Industry X enables leaders to act quickly and confidently as they pivot to the future. We define Industry X as digital reinvention of manufacturing / engineering and believe that smart, sustainable, connected digital products and assets are about to create hyper-personalized industrial experiences, completely new levels of operational efficiency, transparency and traceability, tangible impact on sustainability and brand-new sources of revenue growth. Known for our ability to execute at speed, we help clients determine clear, actionable paths to competitive agility by bringing them new thinking on business and technology.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology, and Operations services, all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
In this role you will architect, design, prototype, build, bring-up, validate, and debug a wide variety of embedded designs. We build wired and wireless sensor systems, innovative user interfaces, wearable devices, networking devices for Accenture’s Industrial IoT initiatives, and systems to support many other application areas.
You will be working with a multi-site cross-disciplinary team comprised of electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, firmware and software engineers, QA engineers, silicon engineers, industrial designers, and business strategy professionals. You will be supported by a tight knit group of electrical engineers, and guided by a management team vested in your career.
As a consultancy we interface with all the big names in technology. We drive feasibility studies, build experience prototypes, build first-round POC’s, build EV prototypes ready for manufacturing, and manage volume manufacturing runs. Every client engagement comes with a different set of challenges. You will hone capabilities across a variety of electrical engineering disciplines, from power management to high-speed embedded design to sensor design to network interfaces to antenna designs.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Architect embedded solutions
- Execute electrical designs: component selection, schematic entry, PCB layout
- Manage PCB fab: obtain quotes from suppliers and manage builds
- Bring-up and troubleshoot your boards
- Drive towards quality: high reliability, low emissions, robust ESD protection
- Research: drive investigations, analyses, and POC development to support client evaluation needs
- Contribute to the electrical engineering community, advancing e.g. tool development, best practices, etc.
- Participate in engineering and program reviews
- Coordinate with other disciplines: ME, FW, ID, QA, and the PM’s.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in electrical engineering, or equivalent work experience and training
- 5+ years’ experience
- Fluency with PCB schematic and layout tools, preferably Altium
- Strong fundamental electrical circuit knowledge
- Understanding of typical discrete transistor circuits, e.g. for level-shifting, LED drivers, logic inversion, etc.
- At least one of:
- Analog background: op-amps, photodetectors, sensing circuits, IMU (intertial measuring units like accelerometers, gyros..), biometrics, etc.
- Audio background: transducers, microphones, amplifiers, beam-forming, etc.
- Soldering and re-work skills
- Embedded design experience
- Working knowledge of common inter-board bus protocols, e.g. SPI, I2C
- Experience with high-speed signal transmission and layout requirements
- Experience with at least one common wireless protocol, e.g. Bluetooth (BLE), Zigbee
- Familiarity with common power supply systems and components, e.g. linear and switching power suppliers, battery management circuits, load switches
- Basic coding ability, for writing bring-up code for embedded designs
Super Bonus skills:
- RF design: experience with matching networks, s-parameter analysis, radio PHY components, RF simulation tools (e.g. CST)
- Multi-band antenna design
- Experience with industrial wireless protocols, e.g. LoRa, WiHART
- Experience with wireless comm protocols, e.g. WiFi, cellular
As required by Colorado law under the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the expected starting pay for this role is $122,000 to $152,000 and information on benefits is here
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsWA - Redmond,WA - Seattle
Mechanical Engineer - 4275405
Engineering & Networks
Posted 10 days ago
USA WA - Seattle
Opto-Mechanical Engineer - 4302008
Engineering & Networks
Posted 10 days ago
Mechanical Engineer - 4275403
Engineering & Networks
Posted 10 days ago