Innovators who ask and answer the ?What If! questions that help organizations imagine new futures and make them a reality. We have been ‘doing’ innovation for the past 25+ years, working with Fortune 500 clients across sectors. We use
an experimentation-led approach to define the strategy, create the inventions and change the cultures to unleash future growth for companies across every industry. Our values are embedded in our DNA and informall of our decision making, not the least of which is recruitment. If this sounds like you, please apply!
Never stop asking?What If!
An innovation leader and practitioner who is looking to make positive impact in the world through innovation. You are naturally curious about learning, and passionate about cracking innovation problems which stem from real human problems.
You are applying to ”major” in the Growth Futures side of our offer – partnering with senior clients to identify and de-risk new strategies, products, services, and businesses to fuel their growth.
Lead Inventors are the heart to our business – they strategically lead innovation projects using an experimentation-led approach that blends human-centered design with strategy to creatively unleash our client’s growth ambitions.
They possess strategic acumen, are insight savvy storytellers, and idea generators with fantastic facilitation skills. At the same time, Lead Inventors mentor and coach junior members of their team, helping unearth their development goals, and unleashing their full potential to be better innovators and future leaders.
KNOWLEDGE AND IP
• Ability to sell a point of view, not just have one
• Happy, comfortable and successful working in an iterative way, without a heavy reliance on standard process
• Encourages project team to try new things (through their own actions)
• Ability to redirect and course correct a project as needed
• Generates new ideas, process and structures to help us grow
• Go beyond smart strategy documents to develop real-world solutions positioned for growth
• Great story teller – collects, creates and shares stories (own and ?!)
• Razor sharp insight intuition and quick discrimination of insight and ideas
• Ability to be an intellectual juggler and operate on multiple levels on a project and on the inventing team considering the past, the task at hand and incorporating their knowledge of organization, people, politics, etc.
• Experienced and confident in designing day plans, setting up and leading workshops, moderating consumers, using stimulus and managing the necessary quantity and quality of ideas.
• Motivates and inspires teams
• Helps develop the skills of the people around them (on project and beyond)
• Can make tough calls and have tough conversations with clients and ?!
• Ability to clearly see business opportunities and articulate them convincingly
• Is diplomatic but firm (embodies appropriate levels of bravery)
• Can manage their own energy and others and brings passion to their work
• Contributes to POVs and approach for new business pitches and proposals
• Creates, leads and grows long lasting client relationships
• Owns day-today project needs and client management
• Manages senior clients plus any big issues throughout their projects
• Can scope and cost a project accurately and in the moment
• Understands and oversees revenue management
• Ensures they and their teams are working profitably
CULTURE WITHIN CULTURES
• Builds relationships to unlock new opportunities for ?What If! within Accenture
• Can collaborate with agencies/ teams in the wider Accenture network to build bigger, more connected projects
What You Need:
-Minimum 8 years experience in applicable fields, such as strategic consulting, growth-focused work, insight, entrepreneurship, branding, and/or innovation experience, with a track record for developing new products, services and solutions to
-Strong verbal and written communication skills to strategically inspire and persuade others.
-Fast-thinking, nimble, adaptable and thrive in a fast-moving environment – always open to new ideas with the ability to recognize the business value of ideas.
Bonus Points If:
-You are a natural leader with the demeanor, intellect and integrity required to establish immediate credibility with senior – often CSuite – leaders of companies.
-You are comfortable leading innovation projects, including expertise in humancentered design, growth strategy, and culture transformation in both corporate and consulting environments.
-You are united by our 5 core values - Adventure, Impact, Passion, Love & Audacity
This position is based in our Brooklyn, NY office or can also be in our Chicago, IL office. Not open for remote work, the Lead Inventor must be able to office out of one of these locations to be considered for employment.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $119,880 - $165,99 and information on benefits offered is here.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.