As a member of a fast-paced software development team, this candidate will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of high visibility, high performing, and scalable solutions addressing mission-critical threat assessment needs throughout the DoD Enterprise. He/she will be directly responsible for:
- Design, development, implementation, and maintenance of an enterprise level, multi-user, big data aggregation, analysis, and reporting system
- Support all phases of the Software/Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Working closely with multiple DoD customers providing technical guidance, documentation, and presentation support as needed for all supported efforts
- Providing direct technical guidance and support to both the development and sustainment teams as necessary
- Conducting analysis and review of existing GOTS/COTS software and providing recommendations as needed
- Support Certification & Accreditation efforts for all supported systems as necessary
- Attend meetings, demo custom software, capture requirements, and serve as a technical representative for all supported systems as needed
The ideal candidate will be a driven team player that thrives in a small team environment. This candidate should be an exceptional problem solver with a demonstrated proficiency in critical analysis and abstract reasoning. This candidate should have a strong sense of observation and the ability to translate observations into technical solutions. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the Agile development methodologies and have a demonstrated proficiency with developing high performing scalable systems leveraging open source technologies while adhering to all DoD standards, regulations, policies, and directives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Technical Field or Equivalent Experience
- 3+ years of experience in software design patterns and effective development methodologies
- 3+ years of experience Java Programming, Software Design, Debugging, Analysis, and Problem Solving
- 3+ years experience writing commercial-grade software applications
- 3+ years experience in understanding of multithreading and real-time software architectures
- 3+ years experience producing architectural designs for team consumption
- 2 years experience with RESTful Web Services
- 2 years of experience in understanding of Object Oriented Programming and other modern software design principles
- 3+ years experience in the development of enterprise web applications using any or all of:
- Spring Framework, including Spring Boot, MVC, Security, Data, etc
- Hibernate and/or JPA
- Oracle or other RDBMS
- 3+ experience writing readable, maintainable code
- 3+ Years Development Experience Leveraging Open Source Technologies
- 3+ Years in Requirements Gathering, Analysis, and System Design
- Agile process and methodologies
- API design and implementation
- Microservices architecture and implementation
- Multi-tenant application architecture and implementation
- Activiti or similar BPMN driven workflow frameworks
- Elasticsearch Experience
- Experience configuring and deploying applications to a Redhat Linux environment.
- Experience with Commercial or Government Distributed Architectures and Technologies (AWS, OpenStack, etc.)
- Willingness and drive to follow and keep abreast of industry best practices, patterns, and methodologies
- Passion for delivering high quality software, to constantly strive for improvement, and take ownership in the product
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Oracle HCM Cloud Reports Developer (HDLs, BIP, HCM Extracts)
Posted 1 day ago
USA OH - Columbus
Software Engineering Associate Manager
Posted 1 day ago
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Oracle HCM Cloud Payroll Functional Consultant
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.