An Application Modernization extraordinaire with skills to modernize application code written in legacy languages (e.g., COBOL, PL/1) to ferry our client’s vision into the future. Your superpower? Helping clients solve problems, improve operations, and update their applications more easily, quickly, efficiently, and cost-effectively. You are a leader that can inspire teams as they help our clients modernize prioritized functionality in their systems.
· Lead teams in Application Modernization efforts serving clients including strategic assessment of the client’s existing mainframe ecosystem, migrating applications to the cloud, language migration and rearchitecting.
· Provide technical insight and oversight for teams performing static code discovery, rehosting assessment, language migration and migration to cloud; collaborate with leads across a team of engineers and products developers to plan and execute work
· Assist with engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from middle management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
· Manage day-to-day interactions with clients and sponsors
· Develop practical solutions and methodologies to further support the Application Modernization offering; develop or contribute to "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents
· Manage and contribute to proposal work as we compete for new business
· Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in development/programming mainframe technology projects (COBOL, DB2, CICS, IMS) or other legacy programming languages VB6, Power Builder, AS400/RPG)
- At least 1 year of modernizing mainframe applications (C#, Java)
- Experience presenting recommendation to client
- Minimum of 1 years of experience (cloud service provider any of 3 AWS, Azure & GCP)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience consulting
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, if you are located in Colorado, the expected salary range for this role is $99,900- $207,399 and information on benefits offered is here.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsAZ - Phoenix,CA - Los Angeles,CA - San Diego,CA - San Francisco,CT - Hartford,FL - Miami,FL - St. Petersburg,GA - Atlanta,IN - Indianapolis,MA - Boston,MI - Detroit,MN - Minneapolis,NC - Charlotte,NC - Raleigh,NJ - Florham Park,OH - Cincinnati,OH - Cleveland,OH - Columbus,PA - Philadelphia,TX - Austin,TX - Houston,TX - Irving,VA - Arlington,WI - Milwaukee
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.