Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
We are one of the world's leading providers of digital solutions for manufacturing operations. You'll work on innovative projects with colleagues and clients to change the way the world makes things, embedding intelligence in all aspects of manufacturing operations to help people do more using less; to deliver step changes in operational excellence; and to help manufacturers navigate an ever-changing future by building agility into their systems and processes. Do you want to work in a setting where you can be involved from strategy through implementation, where you can see your ideas come to life Do you thrive in an environment where initiative is rewarded with opportunity
If so, you'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Industry X is an advanced, digitally enabled, innovative, planning and investment approach for manufacturing and asset-intensive industries. In your role within our Industry X team, you will help clients take advantage of significant market opportunities as digital technology moves into the core of industry in product development and manufacturing environments. You will help them transform their product, manufacturing and product related services value chains in Food and Beverage and CPG Communications, Media, High Tech, Aerospace & Defense, Chemicals, Mining, Oil & Gas and Utilities. As part of Accenture Digital, you will benefit from tailored career management and specialist skills that will fuel your ambitions in the Industry X space.
In our team you will learn:
As part of Industry X, you will benefit from tailored career management and specialist skills that will fuel your ambitions in the Industry X space.
As an Automation Controls Specialist, you will:
Be responsible for the completion of all project requirements, including, but not limited to:
- Participate or lead internal and or customer consultations regarding field of expertise
- Identify, assess, and solve complex technical problems for area of responsibility, using in-depth analysis of situations or data and incorporating innovative approaches and techniques.
- Develop proposals for business development opportunities and present to senior leadership at potential clients. Ability to turn broad program objectives into actionable design initiatives
- Plan and execute system specification, design, architecture, and development
- Develop standards, procedures, training manuals, and other documentation for projects or internal use
- Delivery of virtual Commissioning /Emulation, Testing and Simulation
- Maintain and improve client relationships with all engineering disciplines and identify and develop new business opportunities
- Mange the project resources and budgets when necessary
Here’s what you need:
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or another related discipline along with
· 3+ years’ experience in controls engineering within a manufacturing environment.
· Possess basic understanding of plant processes in both Process and Discrete Manufacturing Industries to assist with the conceptual design of process control strategies for process modifications and plant expansions.
· Experience in automation system design, software integration, development, commissioning, validation, and start-up
· Hands on experience with PLC/HMI/SCADA/DCS systems (Rockwell, Schneider, Siemens, AVEVA, Ignition) and control system architecture
· -Valid driver’s license
· Valid passport and ability to travel within Canada, the US and internationally
· Eligibility for a TN work permit
Bonus points if:
· Experience in software development using Microsoft tools, GitHub, Azure DevOps, C#, SQL Server, and Python
· Ability to communicate effectively with team members and clients on a wide range of functional and technical project aspects
· Mastery of problem analysis and problem-solving techniques
· Proven history of successful project delivery as a self-starter or within a team environment
· General understanding of typical engineering deliverables
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsGA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,MI - Detroit,MN - Minneapolis,OH - Columbus,OR - Albany,PA - Pittsburgh,WA - Seattle
Please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.