The Data Protection Manager is required to grow Accenture's security offerings related to information security, with a focus on designing data encryption programs, developing policies and procedures, strategy, additionally will include data classification, data privacy/risk assessments, and implementation of programs and data protection as a service.
The data security Senior Manager should be able to understand, communicate, and implement end-to-end data security capabilities such as:
- Secure Data Strategy - Embedding security into the overall approach and vision for data in an organization.
- Secure Data Governance - Enabling the people & process of an organization to secure the flow of data through the organization.
- Secure Data Integration - Incorporating secure technological and business processes to align data from various sources.
- Data Protection - Provide immutable capabilities layered on top of data at rest or in motion to secure the contents from unauthorized access.
- Data Control - Implementation of technical capabilities such as rights management to enforce the movement or transmission of data.
- Data Security in the Cloud - Implementation of technical capabilities to protect and secure data in the cloud.
- Database Security – Implementation of technical capabilities to protect and secure structured and unstructured database assets.
- Secure Data Analytics - Collection and analysis of business and event data to drive security value and enabling the utilization of data as a business asset.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key client stakeholders
- Manage large Data Security delivery programs consisting of multiple projects, workstreams, phases, or releases, including financials and staffing
- Ability to lead managers, consultants, and junior security analysts.
- Drive Data Security and Protection security opportunities, including solution planning, deal shaping, estimating, and pricing
- Lead Data Security proposal development and sales/marketing collateral
- Grow Data Security encryption services/business line
- Lead Data Security and Protection strategy, roadmap, and vision definition
- Develop new offerings and go to market strategies with data teams
- Maintain relationships with technology vendors to develop offerings
- Assist in the development of point of view, white papers, industry thought leadership, and produce knowledge capital
- Flexibility to travel as necessary
- Minimum of 5 years of security architecture experience designing and implementing data security solutions involving data encryption.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience assessing or building programs in data protection: data encryption (FPE), tokenization, masking, and key management
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in data encryption solutions within cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience with Data Security vendors, product capabilities, and solutions focus on Data Encryption and not limited to Data Loss Prevention, Data Rights Management, Data Classification, and Data Privacy
- Security professional certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPP or ISO 27001
- Recognized technical certification such as Symantec CSP in Data Protection, Certified McAfee Security Specialist CMSS DLP Focus, Websense Data Security Suite DSS Professional, or Informatica Certified Specialist or Expert
- Deep understanding of data encryption with extensive leadership contacts
- Experience leading the business development and sales capture process
- Deep understanding of privacy/data privacy standards and regulations local, domestic and global (State Level Data Protection, ISO, GAPP, NIST 800-53, HIPAA, HiTrust, Privacy by Design, GDPR, EU Data Protection Directives, APEC Privacy Framework)
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Industry recognized Professional Security certification preferred (CISSP, CIPP/IT, CRISC)
- Experience working for the Big 4 or Global Solution Integrator is highly desired
- Knowledge of data security vendors and product capabilities
Professional Skill Requirements
- Ability to lead and manage dynamic local and global teams
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsCA - Los Angeles,CA - San Diego,CA - San Francisco,CA - San Jose,FL - Miami,FL - St. Petersburg,IL - Chicago,IN - Indianapolis,KS - Overland Park,MA - Boston,MI - Detroit,MN - Minneapolis,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,OH - Cincinnati,PA - Philadelphia,TX - Austin,TX - Houston,TX - Irving,WA - Seattle,WI - Milwaukee
Please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.