Root sits within the Talent and Organization practice, and we help clients realize positive strategy and culture change. We activate, motivate, and inspire people to accelerate the speed of change through a combination of disruptive methods, storytelling, and interactive experiences. Root’s expertise in customer experience, strategy activation, maximizing operations, technology adoption and unlocking talent is backed by proven research and evolved over 25 years.
A client fanatic. You have a passion for collaborating, creating, and innovating. You enjoy working with extremely talented left-brained and right-brained people to create meaningful experiences.
A Root Senior Learning Designer will:
- Learn cool content from a client’s Subject Matter Expert and shape it into a learning experience: We work closely with clients to learn everything about their business and get the right content to enable their learners to thrive. It’s also pretty darn interesting to learn what happens behind the scenes at Fortune 500 companies and then translate that to something others will understand.
- Design engaging materials from the client’s content: This is where you put your heart and soul—drafting engaging and enjoyable curricula that include solutions in multiple types of media—web, film, and print. Strong writing, communication, and storytelling skills are a must, as is a deep knowledge of different methods of delivery.
- Lead and collaborate with awesomely talented people: Depending on the type of project you’re on, you could lead other learning designers, a team of artists, quality assurance specialists, programmers, conceptors, or graphic designers—the people in these functions are experts at what they do, and it’s part of your role to bring them all together and deliver world-class work.
- Travel to interesting places to test what you’ve built with end users: As the chief advocate for the end user, nothing beats that moment when you get to see how your work measures up. Sometimes we do this virtually. Sometimes we jump on a plane and meet our users face to face.
- Rewrite something that they worked really hard at: We value collaboration with our clients. This may mean writing a second or third draft of something you thought was perfect. It’s not always easy, but when you develop a final product together it is rewarding.
- Build a relationship with a client and grow our business: Contribute to account growth by driving program development and building relationships with project sponsors while leveraging your ability to understand and digest complex concepts and translate them into easy-to-understand learning points.
- Develop others: Help spread your passion for learning by coaching others—both formal reports and informal working relationships.
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Here’s what you need:
- 7 or more years of progressive experience designing blended and digital instructional curricula
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional Technology, Multimedia Learning, Instructional Design or related field
- Excellent organizational, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to travel, when needed
Bonus points if:
- You’ve got experience working in professional services or as a freelancer with multiple active clients
- You’ve got an advanced degree in Education, Instructional Technology, Multimedia Learning, Instructional Design or related field
- You’ve got experience with Agile development methodology
- You’ve got PMP certification
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $75,600 - $122,799 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsIL - Chicago,MI - Detroit,OH - Cleveland,OH - Columbus
Please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.