Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 514,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Applied Intelligence, the people who love using data to tell a story. We’re also the world’s largest team of data scientists, data engineers, and experts in machine learning and AI. A great day for us? Solving big problems using the latest tech, serious brain power, and deep knowledge of just about every industry. We believe a mix of data, analytics, automation, and responsible AI can do almost anything—spark digital metamorphoses, widen the range of what humans can do, and breathe life into smart products and services. Want to join our crew of sharp analytical minds? Visit us here to find out more about Applied Intelligence.
The work you’ll do as a Data Science Manager:
- Work with Retail, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Financial Services organizations to understand business requirements to develop analytical models using techniques such as optimization, statistics and machine learning models to achieve business growth and efficiencies utilizing Big Data and Analytics
- Analytics lead on client projects, responsible for leading data science application development. Work with junior team members and cross functional teams to deliver high quality solutions that meet the client’s needs
- Mentor and guide team members on project work and take responsibility for analytics project deliverables
- Train AI models utilizing real world data at large scale. Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools to solve the client’s business problems.
- Assist with defining the appropriate data science solution design and appropriate analytical methodologies to address the client’s key business challenges
- Collaborate with data engineers and cloud engineers to define solution architectures which are robust, efficient, fault-tolerant and meet client’s deliverable expectations
- Develop dashboards and visualizations using a mix of Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics etc.) to support client analytics needs
- Adhere to implementation guidelines and quality control procedures for projects
What you’ll need:
- Master's degree in Data Science, Operations Research, Analytics, or a closely related field of study or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience
- 1+ year of experience of leading machine learning or forecasting projects to meet the customers’ business requirement
- 5+ years’ experience using machine learning techniques or forecasting techniques
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in the following skills:
- Coursework and Professional certificates in Machine Learning
- Advanced level skill in using Python, SAS or R to ingest, clean, model and visualize data
- Proven ability to train/mentor team members in utilizing best practices for software development as well as data science implementations
- Experience using visualization tools such as Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics, Qlik to provide value-adding analytics insights to customers
- Experience using Git (or other version control systems) in a collaborative environment with other developers
- Experience in developing or helping design (in collaboration with data engineers) ETL processes that are used to generate cleaned and processed data as input for data science modeling or analysis
- Writing complex SQL queries to efficiently retrieve data from relational databases (e.g. Oracle, Postgres, SQL Server) or data warehouses (e.g. BigQuery)
- Ability to work comfortably in ambiguous situations; ability to optimize team’s resources to achieve business goals
- Have a passion for customer success and value taking initiative, being trustworthy, and working collaboratively
- Ability to guide the customer on the data science lifecycle and provide appropriate data science recommendations (e.g. required data, modeling approaches, evaluation approach, model management, etc.) based on their business objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in retail, manufacturing, and consumer goods industry
- Knowledge of GCP, AWS, or Azure and machine learning offerings on these platforms
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $106,900 - $171,599 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsFL - St. Petersburg,GA - Atlanta,NC - Charlotte,NC - Raleigh,NY - New York,VA - Arlington
Please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.