Accenture is one of the world’s leading providers of sourcing and procurement services, we help our clients architect, build and operate high performance procurement organizations through our global and flexible solutions. At Accenture, we partner with forward-thinking business leaders, of the world’s most dynamic companies, to transform procurement and drive sustainable changes to their cost structures.
As one of the leading procurement business process services specialists, Accenture excels at helping companies build the foundation for long-term growth. We are committed to delivering exceptional service through our exceptional people, and as an employee you’d enjoy a fulfilling career in an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Business Process Services and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Business Process Services professionals work on projects across a range of business processes, business applications and information technology. They may provide technology services, such as application management, infrastructure management and systems integration, or they may deliver business process services, including finance and accounting, procurement and human resources. Depending on the role, Business Process Services professionals may be based at a client’s office or in one of Accenture’s 50 delivery centers around the world.
The Procurement Category Manager will utilize their deep Corporate & Professional Services sourcing and supplier management experience to help our customers drive tangible results. In this capacity, you will work directly with an Accenture customer/s with responsibility for delivering category management services including, but not limited to, strategic sourcing, client stakeholder management, supplier performance management, and continuous cost and performance improvement. Additionally, you will develop and provide oversight for the execution of Corporate & Professional Services sourcing strategies that support each customer’s business goals while achieving optimal pricing, quality and service levels.
- Design and implement cost savings projects across multiple Corporate & Professional Services
- Engage with customers’ senior management team members to drive and communicate progress
- Collaborate with external / internal clients to develop strategic category plans
- Develop and manage sourcing pipeline, continuous improvement initiatives and ensure procurement solutions are addressing related client metrics and contracted SLAs for designated Category
- Implement supplier performance management and contract management metrics and guidance, and manage procurement processes in addition to spend, market intelligence and, financial analyses for designated clients.
- Measure and manage “suppliers’” (aka providers, agencies, etc.) performance relative to contracted service levels
- Develop, own, manage and update Category Plans, including sourcing pipeline
- Develop and implement SRM practices specific to client need and supplier development strategy
- Implement and support enforcement of buying and contracting processes
- Actively monitor and communicate category insights, trends and conduct market research for designated clients throughout contract term
- Establish, maintain and manage relationship with clients (both functional stake holders and procurement)
- Effectively raise issues/concerns before they arise and present options for resolution specific to client relationships
- Work with Client Delivery to ensure that services are delivered in accordance with contractual / service level obligations
- Ensure that services are provided within assigned budgets and timelines; take action necessary to address any issues
- Coach and develop team members in their performance and professional development
- Further advance program and senior client relationship management skills
- Grow category knowledge to expert levels, creating growth opportunities for self, team and company
- Lead all associated delivery team members to achieve target results and customer satisfaction
- Contribute to the Corporate & Professional Services Practice value proposition through collateral development and input into tools/applications
Here’s What You Need:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in consulting, sourcing/procurement/supply chain management function
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of Professional Services related procurement or delivery from the supplier side
- Post-Graduate degree preferred
- Ability to effectively lead formal strategic sourcing efforts related to Professional Services
- Deep knowledge of multiple sub-categories including, Consulting and Contingency Labor procurement categories
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software (e.g. Microsoft Excel) and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel up to 40%
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.