Accenture Federal Services, providing a tailored strategy to address the many cybersecurity challenges faced by customers in today’s ever-changing business and industry landscape. Our team delivers a wholistic approach to cybersecurity assessment, monitoring, investigation, and response. Whether we’re defending against identified threat actors, detecting, and responding to the unknown, or running an entire security operations center, we build cyber resilience so our clients can grow with confidence in their security.
A Cyber Security professional and enthusiast, who is seeking opportunities to evolve his/her craft by understanding latest cyber threats and help clients identify intrusion in their respective environments. In order to effectively do this, you leverage cutting edge Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) data analytics, as well as network/endpoint detection and response technologies for investigating any malicious activity in customer’s cloud environments
- Create and modify security SIEM dashboards to clearly identify scope of findings, or monitor activity.
- Identify patterns/outliers within data sets that match threat actor TTPs, post compromise behavior, and otherwise unusual activity, such as insider threat.
- Provide expert analysis investigative support of large scale and complex security incidents, and in many cases identify incidents for which a technical detection may not be available.
- Conduct dynamic and static malware analysis on samples obtained during incident handling or hunt operations to identify IOCs.
- Provide Tier III services reviewing investigation tickets, feedback to SOC analysts on analysis/writeup, developing tune request across all security products providing alerts, advanced network traffic and log analysis, working any escalated investigation requiring IR response such as insider threat, APT detection, complex malware analysis/forensics activities.
- Track investigations to resolution and provide an after-action report as required.
Here’s what you need:
- 3 years of Cyber and/or IT experience
- Hands on experience leading Security Incident Investigations through remediation and final reporting
- Experience with one or more of the following: Common Application Layer Protocols, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DNS, Windows, Linus, Mac OS
- Packet Analysis experience
- Scripting and/or Data parsing experience
- Experience utilizing Open-Source Intelligence feeds
Bonus Points if you have have:
- Experience with tickets systems such as Archer and Service Now.
- Scripting experience to automate queries and streamline tasks (eg. Python, PowerShell)
- One or more of the following certifications are strongly desired:
- GIAC Certified Detection Analyst (GCDA)
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC Certified Perimeter Protection Analyst (GPPA)
- GIAC Defending Advanced Threats (GDAT)
- GIAC Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA)
- Experience working within a government agency
- Digital Media Analysis (DMA), prior computer forensics, Cyber Threat Intelligence or Cyber Hunt experience strongly desired
- US Citizenship required
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture Federal Services provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is 108,300 –169,6999 and information on benefits offered is here.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.