Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners, and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
In today’s business environment, growth isn’t just about building value—it's fundamental to long-term business survival. So how do organizations sustain themselves? The key is a new operating model—one that's anchored around the customer and propelled by intelligence to deliver exceptional experiences across the enterprise at speed and at scale. You will deliver breakthrough business outcomes for clients—by harnessing talent, data and intelligence to revolutionize their operating models.
Operations is one of four services that make up one Accenture –the others are Strategy and Consulting, Interactive and Technology.
The Payroll Tax Senior Analyst has a full range of responsibilities for employment tax compliance related to balance adjustment reviews, W-2/W-2c reviews, unemployment tax, tip reporting, state & local tax, tax audits, software maintenance, and general tax law research for lodging and corporate entities.
- Auditing and updating the tax rate tables within the payroll system to ensure accurate and timely withholding and reporting of all tax types
- Review of mHub balance adjustments and Forms W-2c; Review of any updates to associate payroll records to include federal/state withholding, international withholding, gross-ups, and relocation
- Preparing/reviewing all tax equalization or relocation pay back activities for the client
- Taking a lead role in assisting and training all staff on resolving their schedule X items
- Reviewing/posting journal entries, preparing quarterly true up files, and working on the Federal vs State wage base audit report before each quarter end
- Assisting in preparing SUTA (State Unemployment Tax Act) quarter end compliance tools (i.e. LTtax import, SUI database, wage file adjustments, registrations), as well as reviewing wage file format changes and submitting system updates, reviewing the changes, and if necessary performing updates to ensure timely filing
- Assisting with new registrations and the table maintenance, LTtax set up and any database maintenance
- Reviewing SUTA filings and reviewing/preparing the payment packages
- Assisting in Puerto Rico issues and tax filings
- Tax Return reviews / Tax Return amendment reviews
- Assisting and supervising tip reporting work and Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act (TEFRA) due dates
- Assisting in overflow of associate questions, emails, voicemails and other inquiries of requests
- Assisting in overall mHub/Oracle reporting functions; Pulling, processing, and analyzing tax reports
- Assisting in tax recalculation work and general assistance to other teams
- Assisting in year-end payroll tax activities, and other quantitative and qualitative analysis related to compliance and reporting
- Minimum of 2 years of payroll tax, accounting, or finance experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Self-motivated and creative thinker regarding process improvement and systemic process analysis
- Demonstrates attention to detail and motivated to complete all necessary work
- Demonstrates strong organizational and prioritization skills; can perform at a high level under intense deadline pressure
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and with outside owners, service providers
- Experience in payroll or tax data management and software maintenance
- Experience in analyzing, navigating, and resolving tax notices
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $48,600 - $105,799 and information on benefits offered is here.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsCA - Los Angeles,CA - Sacramento,CA - San Diego,CA - San Francisco,CA - San Jose,CO - Denver,CT - Hartford,FL - Miami,FL - St. Petersburg,GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,IN - Indianapolis,KS - Overland Park,MA - Boston,MI - Detroit,MN - Minneapolis,MO - St. Louis,NC - Charlotte,NC - Raleigh,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,OH - Cincinnati,OH - Cleveland,OH - Columbus,PA - Philadelphia,PA - Pittsburgh,TN - Louisville,TX - Austin,TX - Houston,TX - Irving,VA - Arlington,WA - Seattle,WI - Milwaukee
Scrum Master Specialist
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Posted 1 day ago
Agile Program & Project Management Associate Manager
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Posted 1 day ago
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Project Manager
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.