A leading partner to the world’s major cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google. The formation of Accenture Cloud First, with a $3 billion investment over three years, demonstrates our commitment to deliver greater value to our clients when they need it most and offers huge growth opportunities for you!
Our Cloud First group of more than 70,000 cloud professionals delivers a full stack of integrated cloud capabilities across data, edge, integrated infrastructure and applications, deep ecosystem skills, culture of change along with a deep industry expertise to shape, move, build and operate our clients’ businesses in the cloud. To accelerate our customers transformation leveraging cloud, we combine world-class learning and talent development expertise; deep experience in cloud change management; and cloud-ready operating models with a commitment to responsible business by design — with security, data privacy, responsible use of artificial intelligence, sustainability and ethics and compliance built into the fundamental changes Accenture helps companies achieve.
GCP Data Architect and Engineering Lead will be responsible for architecting transformation and modernization of enterprise data solutions on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integrating native GCP services and 3rd party data technologies. A solid experience and understanding of considerations for large scale architecting, solutioning and operationalization of data warehouses, data lakes and analytics platforms on GCP is a must. We are looking for candidates who have a broad set of technology skills across these areas and who can demonstrate an ability to design right solutions with appropriate combination of Google Cloud and 3rd party technologies for deploying on Google Cloud.
- On the job learning: opportunity to be immersed in the design and implementation of human-centric solutions to help solve client’s largest and most complex challenges, powered by the latest Google technologies and industry’s best practices such event-driven architectures and domain driven design. Collaborate on internal assets and contribute to open-source community projects.
- Being part of Accenture Google Business Group’s close-knit, vibrant community; client teams pushing the boundaries of new business capabilities and emerging Google technologies sharing their experiences and lessons learned with each other. Opportunity to learn and work with Accenture’s certified Google Fellows and certified Google Cloud practitioners.
- As a lead architect, work with implementation teams from concept to operations, providing deep technical subject matter expertise for successfully deploying large scale data solutions in the enterprise, using modern data/analytics technologies on premise and cloud
Through a formal sales process, work with the Sales team to identify and qualify Google Cloud Platform (GCP) opportunities.
- Lead cloud solution and scoping to generate estimates and approaches for proposals and SOWs for customers.
- Create detailed target state technical, security, data and operational architecture and design blueprints incorporating modern data technologies and cloud data services demonstrating modernization value proposition
- Lead detail technical assessments of current state of enterprise data and architect a path to transformation into a modern data powered enterprise
- Demonstrate experience presenting technical topics in front of an audience
Conduct full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, “as is” and “to be” scenarios.
- Compare solution alternatives across both technical and business parameters which support the define cost and service requirements.
- Apply Methodology, reusable assets, and previous work experience to deliver consistently high-quality work.
- Deliver written or oral status reports regularly.
- Stay educated on new and emerging technologies/patterns/methodologies and market offerings that may be of interest to our clients.
- Adapt to existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understand the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Use considerable judgment to define solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging to highlight value proposition and unique differentiators.
- Manage small teams of pre-sales Solution Architects and/or work efforts (if in an independent contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
Racking up those air miles will have to wait, as weekly non-essential travel to client sites is currently suspended. For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Here's what you need:
- Active Google Cloud Data Engineer Certification or Active Google Professional Cloud Architect Certification
- Minimum of 8 years of designing, building and operationalizing large-scale enterprise data solutions and applications using one or more of GCP data and analytics services in combination with 3rd parties - Spark, Hive, Cloud DataProc, Cloud Dataflow, Apache Beam/ composer, Big Table, Cloud BigQuery, Cloud PubSub, Cloud storage Cloud Functions & Github.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in performing detail assessments of current state data platforms and creating an appropriate transition path to GCP cloud
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience. (If Associate Degree, must have minimum 6 years work experience).
Bonus points if:
- Data migration experience from legacy systems including Hadoop, Exadata, Oracle Teradata, or Netezza
- Experience with Data lake, data warehouse ETL build and design
- Minimum of 5 years of designing and building production data pipelines from data ingestion to consumption within a hybrid big data architecture, using Cloud Native GCP, Java, Python, Scala, SQL etc.
- Minimum of 3 year of architecting and implementing next generation data and analytics platforms on GCP cloud
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $99,900 - $207,399 and information on benefits offered is here.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsAZ - Phoenix,CA - Los Angeles,CA - Sacramento,CA - San Diego,CA - San Francisco,CA - San Jose,CA - Walnut Creek,CT - Hartford,FL - Miami,FL - St. Petersburg,GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,IN - Indianapolis,KS - Overland Park,MA - Boston,MI - Detroit,MN - Minneapolis,MO - St. Louis,NC - Charlotte,NC - Raleigh,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,OH - Cincinnati,OH - Cleveland,OH - Columbus,PA - Philadelphia,PA - Pittsburgh,TX - Austin,TX - Houston,TX - Irving,VA - Arlington,WA - Seattle,WI - Milwaukee
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.