Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Suitland, MD
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Every day we bring bold thinking and diverse disciplines to solve problems in new ways. Ready to learn as much as you can We’ll give you numerous opportunities of formal & informal training sessions to keep your tech smarts sharp.
Web Developer to design and implement highly visual and interactive web applications. These applications will support next generation defense and intelligence operations with a focus on incorporating machine learning insights to automate and scale analysis. Teams will be working in an Agile development environment and expected to identify and mitigate risks and bottlenecks associated with big data environments.
- Perform human factors engineering and UI development activities associated with designing, developing, and enhancing applications
- Write code to interface with a variety of APIs to exchange data, settings, and initiate processing, and consult with API developers to define endpoints and workflows
- Conduct cognitive task analyses with analysts to understand their analytic workflows, develop sketches and wireframes (e.g., inspired by commercial designs), and iterate through sketches and wireframes with analysts to optimize the user experience
- When appropriate, develop prototypes from wireframe design concepts and evaluate them with users to collect feedback and incorporate feedback into the sprint backlog
- Participate in sprint review demonstrations to gather analyst feedback
- Collaborate with other scrum teams to share user experience best practices and lessons learned and with the Training and Outreach team to update user training materials to reflect new and modified user interfaces
- Provide human factors and application inputs to engineering artifacts
- Uses processes and tools that support the DevSecOps pipeline including JIRA, Git, Junit, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and Artifactory
- Troubleshoot technical issues and recommend appropriate action
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent years of experience)
- IT development experience
- Experience in UI/UX development
- US citizenship required; Dual citizens not eligible
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with troubleshooting cross browser compatibility issues
- DOD8570 IAT Level 1 or 2 certified (A+, Security+, etc. certification)
- An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture Federal Services provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $88,300 to $123,599 and information on benefits offered is here: https://www.accenture.com/us-en/careers/local/total-rewards
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.