Organization: Accenture Life Sciences
Level: Senior Manager
Travel: On average, 80%
Job Title: Life Sciences Senior Manager – Commercial Insights and Analytics
Accenture Life Sciences Commercial.
We work together, innovating to bring insights, design thinking, and human ingenuity to enable commercial success for our clients.
Our capabilities are designed to help our clients commercialize differently, in order to better capitalize on the advancements, the industry has made through new science. We acknowledge that scientific innovation is not enough, as private sector pressures, regulatory & policy reform, the customer engagement model, and consumerism are driving change. In order to enable commercial success, we partner with our clients do drive foundational change by aligning evidence and economics to outcomes, bringing outcomes to life through experience, modernizing launch & competitive strategies, reimagining the digitized customer model, reinventing end to end marketing, applying intelligence to commercial models, and rewiring operations & capabilities.
One of the key pillars of Life Sciences is our work in Commercial Insights and Analytics– helping pharma and biopharma companies maximize the effectiveness of their commercial investments across the portfolio. We believe a mix of data, analytics, automation, and responsible AI can do almost anything - spark digital metamorphoses within Commercial organizations, widen the range of what humans can do, and breathe life into smart products and services
You are a life sciences business strategist who believes in data and analytics helps transform commercial business within pharmaceutical organizations. Someone who can help our clients set and realize their vision through a strong data and analytics strategy. You will help our clients with assessments and value targeting. Also, you will help them shape their operating model and correlating talent strategy for data and analytics. You can translate complex data and analytics needs into plain English for our clients. Clients listen to you because you are a strong communicator and passionate problem solver and have the skill, depth and moxie to back it up. Lastly, you have therapeutic expertise across one or more therapeutic areas (TAs) and are passionate about linking analytics outcomes to real-life insights.
- Advise clients on various aspects of data and analytics including but not limited to: tip of the spear analytics-led strategies to reimagine relevance for portfolio improvement, customer engagements, next generation analytics use case implementation and operational best practices for enabling commercial insights organizations.
- Adapt and implement digital, data analytics transformation solutions and driver value led work.
- Head up large global teams to deliver commercial insights strategy, readiness, solutions roll outs and innovation to Life Sciences clients.
- Develop analytics assets, including whitepapers, POVs and thought capital pieces for publication at least once a quarter.
- Lead project delivery to make sure clients are positioned for long-term success with practical road maps for carrying out strategy, managing change, redesigning process, deploying technologies, and taking remedial steps.
- Provide overall guidance on quantitative analysis and research to generate recommendations and insights and drive outcomes.
- Build relationships with clients to sustain Accenture’s profile as a long-term trusted advisor and partner.
- Develop the next generation of commercial insights practitioners at Accenture, including building skillsets and capabilities and leading community building efforts.
- Understand and translate client industry landscape in the context of analytics trends.
- Deliver and support sales in high value consulting sales every year in this space.
Here’s What You Need:
- Minimum 8 years of pharma / life sciences experience and expertise, specifically focused in Commercial;
- Minimum 4 years of experience leading, consulting for or supporting analytics and insights for pharma / biopharma;
- Strong understanding of advanced analytics and machine learning technologies and languages (SAS, R, Hadoop, etc.);
- Experience running client workshops and leading large, strategic senior executive meetings to demonstrate value of data and analytics within Commercial;
- Therapeutic area / brand area expertise preferable and ability to relate with next-generation insights (e.g. oncology, immunology, vaccines, etc.);
- Global experience preferable but not required;
- Deep cross-functional LS commercial knowledge (across commercial marketing, market access, research) highly preferable.
- Deep expertise in one or more therapeutic areas;
- Experience with design thinking or human centric design methodologies;
- Deep expertise in AI (Neural nets, NLP, text mining, social listening) and Automation (knowledge of 1-2 automation technologies).
Travel update: Racking up those air miles will have to wait, as weekly non-essential travel to client sites Monday through Thursday is currently suspended. For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $150,000 - $210,000 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsCA - Los Angeles,CA - San Francisco,IL - Chicago,MA - Boston,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia
Please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.