Accenture Security helps organizations prepare, protect, detect, respond and recover along all points of the security lifecycle. Cybersecurity challenges are different for every business in every industry. Leveraging our global resources and advanced technologies, we create integrated, turnkey solutions tailored to our clients’ needs across their entire value chain. Whether we’re defending against known cyberattacks, detecting and responding to the unknown, or running an entire security operations center, we will help companies build cyber resilience to grow with confidence. Our team of the security sector’s brightest people use the coolest tech to out-hack the hackers and help clients build resilience from within. We blend risk strategy, digital identity, cyber defense, application security and managed service solutions to rethink the entire security lifecycle.
The Cyber Intelligence Operations Analyst is responsible for the following:
The responsibilities of this role include researching and reporting on developments in the threat landscape, building network and endpoint detections, and coordinating internal teams to best defend our customers. This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Writing, editing, and publishing technical reports
- Developing and deploying network and endpoint detections to support a Security Operations Center analysis team
- Performing data analysis to optimize SOC procedures
- Prioritize and remediate internal maintenance requests to ensure a well-run global analytics platform
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of major detection enhancements to SOC analytics
- Coordinating analysis teams to best educate on and respond to developments in the Threat Landscape
- Developing policies and procedures for handling security incidents
- Occasional weekend on-call support required
Here’s What You Need (Basic Qualifications)
- Minimum of 2 years of IT security experience – ideally focused on intrusion detection/network security monitoring and/or working with cyber threat intelligence
- Minimum of 1 year working in the information security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent threat groups, malware, attack methods, and vulnerabilities
- Minimum of 1 year experience researching security threats and developing detection mechanisms to defend against them
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience with market-leading security products, including intrusion detection systems (Snort/SourceFire, IBM Proventia/ISS, McAfee IntruShield) and firewalls (CheckPoint, Cisco PIX)
Bonus Points If (Preferred Skills)
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and routing, firewall technologies, information security principles and practices
- Experience working with clients, preferably in an operational environment.
- Experience researching complex technical subject matter and documenting the results/key findings
- One or more of the following certifications is desired: CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsDC,DC - Washington
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.